Yet another knee pain thread

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Dill, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

wear a knee brace/support. It always helps

2. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Sorry to revive a thread like this, but I've had tendinitis (Jumper's Knee) for well over a year now, but recently, the pain has just spiked. Glimpses of incredible pain arises a day after I play while I sit down or when I'm just standing. I've just purchased a knee brace and will use it everytime I play, but is it advisable to buy just one knee brace and continue playing or should I take a break from badminton until school starts?

BTW: I've visited doctors and athletic medics before about this problem and none of them really helped my knee to recover, they just provide ways to dull or lessen the pain.

3. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    try to apply ice (cold compress) after every game, and in most cases if you feel some "tenderness" in your knees. i guess your doctor has prescribed NSAID to ease any form of swelling and pain. rest will be an important aspect in your recovery. ask a physical therapist for some knee strenghtening exercises as well. just be patient and i'm sure you'll be back in no time. i hope this helps.;)

GunBlade008 likes this.
  4. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Thanks alot for the advice, karma for you!

5. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    After 2 years I for one wud like to know about how all the guys posted here are now faring. Hnvg recently gone down with knee pain I am going thru all these threads on this site in an attempt to find something useful and I did.
    1-stopped playing mostly (3 weeks now)
    2-wearing brace when i hv to walk or stand for over 1/2hr. relieves weight on the joint
    3-taking 2000mg Glucosamine/day
    4-physio recommended special exercises, diligently doing (BORING LOL)
    Found much less pain in past 2 days, can bend knee well but still apinful at the end.
    So much for now

6. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    15 years old and having pains can also come down to growing pains. (sorry if its been mentioned...i havnt taken the time to read through everything.)

You still have another 5 years or so of growing and at around age 15 you go through a fairly large growth spurt. This combined with overextension of your knee or a slight strain on your knee could be the cause of all the pain.

Just something else to think about.

7. land81

land81 New Member

Hi, i started playing badminton again recently after stopping nearly 2 years due to knee injury. My knee pain is gone for now but i am just wondering whether by wearing knee bands or braces will be appropriate to prevent knee pain again. Which is better recommended? bands or braces?

#87 land81, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  8. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Whatever u do, chose something which will NOT press yr knee cap onto the knee head of the femur. The knee band has to have a hole in it to leave the cap free, while keeping everything together.

9. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I wanted to ask, whether it was in this thread or the other, that PRP was mentioned (Platelet Rich Plasma). I read a lot about it. Has anyone done the treatment. Any results, ideas, opinions are welcome as I got an appointment to go for treatment. Before I go I'd like to hv a few tips. Thnx