YangYang rac's

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zico, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Zico

Zico Guest

A friend of mine told me that there are generic brands like Winex,Fox, YangYang,etc. I was looking around the net and looked at the yang yang webpage. They have a racquet made of kevlar, which im guessing is pretty light. So im just wondering if it is good or not, and one of the professional guys use it (forgot who).

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm doubt so, if theres a professional that uses a Yang Yang racket it would be Fung Permadi (TPE). He was using 1 against Peter Gade at the Olympics but thats a year ago now.

Even Yang Yang himself was using a Yonex racket during his playing days

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    "Even Yang Yang himself was using a Yonex racket during his playing days"

Don't recall Yang Yang company having being formed during his playing days. I thought it was after he had retired.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    It was after retirement.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm not sure. I just know that Yang Yang used a Yonex racket

6. TX

TX Guest

Yang Yang and Yonex

In the days when Yang Yang reigned in the 1980s, he definitely used Yonex rackets, the days of Carbonex. China was and still is sponsored by Yonex. After retirement from the world tournament, Yang Yang and another former world champion Chinese player formed a Malaysian registered company called Ruby Glamour (after coaching the Malaysia team to win the Thomas Cup) and began production of Yang Yang brand badminton products. Nowadays, the company produces several series of rackets, some are of original design and others are copies of Yonex e.g. Swing Power 900. Many of Yang Yang rackets are of low price and high quality but whether they are appearing on international scene or not depends a lot on whether the company make it big in the sponsorship like Yonex.