Yang Yang Dragon...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kelvin, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Hi fellow badminton players.
    I'm fresh from the bar, and drunk as can be :)
    I played a few hours ago... so I'm fresh from the court too.
    Anywho.. my question is to all those who've used, or own the Yang Yang Dragon.
    To me, this racquet is very similar to the Aerotus Series racquets by Yonex.
    Does anyone out there actually know of the composition of the racquet???
    It's supposedly made of a Boron composition.
    If anyone can tell me please let me know. I'm considering buying one, and using them frequently as I'm growing tired of my isometric head shaped racquets... I just can't play as well with them anymore, even after I discovered the nuances of the racquet. I thought I might as well go cheaper, and try a different brand for once in my life... a couple of my friends have these racquets, and they seem pretty comfy with them. It's not too pricey, so I can thrash the thing at will... I'm also going back to the Carbonex series, because of the durability. I'm tired of hearing about racquets breaking here, and there... especially when I hear people paid big $$$ for them.
    When I go to Japan, and Hong Kong in May & June, I'm gonna be on a rampage looking for at least 2 Yonex Boron 200 racquets... these suited me perfectly for play, especially since for most of the time I was being trained, I used these to improve my skills (I also happened to use the old blacken racquet. STEEL!!!! Gotta love it!!!).
    Can anyone reading this, and that lives in Hong Kong right now tell me any sort of price I'll be expecting to pay??? the last time I bought mine over there... I paid roughly $2000 HKD... I think.
    I don't know.
    Anywho, if you haven't fallen asleep reading this yet... and can still remember allllllllllll the questions that I've asked.. .please by all means reply, as I love to hear any feedback from anyone in the know.
    Thanks.

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    one more thing...

I just learned by doing some reading (wow, my education was good for something!!!) that the Yang Yang Dragon, was available in both a Limited Edition Model, and a regular model.
    I'm not sure what the difference, in terms of racquet material composition is, but I'm willing to place a safe bet, it could just be a different paint job... unless they put more Boron into the racquet or something.
    However, I found contradictory statements about the racquet composition when I went to Badminton Alley's website, they list the racquet composition as HM carbon graphite. on the shaft, and head.
    What is the truth behind this?
    Is the L.E. model really made from Boron? is that why the price of the racquet in the UK is $199.99 sterling!!!
    I know it doesn't really matter, but since I'm planning on trying out new racquets I might as well know what I'm getting into... correct? correct.
    Ok, I'm starting to sober up, and get a headache so I'm going to bed.
    Thanks for any and all replies that can help me solve this mistery.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Re: one more thing...

Actually, Yang Yang racquets are not commonly seen in HK. I suggest you go back to Yang Yang website and look up the phone number of the distributor in HK.

Again Boron 200 is not common. I can't remember seeing it for a number of years.

There are a range of carbonexes available. cab 23 is the top model and seems to be quite a robust racquet. cab 20 can be found in "long" and "tour" versions.
    there is a new version of the cab15.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student

Oh... Ok Cheung, thanks.
    Man... when I go back over there in under 2 months... I'm just gonna go on a rampage looking for that darn Boron.. hehe..
    Who knows, maybe a Boron-2 will pop up!!! ^_^

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Cripes, you make it sound worse than a John Woo movie.

Somebody was advertising to sell Boron 2 on one of the other discussion boards. That person seemingly comes from HK. Ricky nows somebody who has a boron 2 for HKD5000. If you get that one, you'd be rampaging big time.

Do you know where to go for racquets.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Cripes, you make it sound worse than a John Woo movie.

Somebody was advertising to sell Boron 2 on one of the other discussion boards. That person seemingly comes from HK. Ricky nows somebody who has a boron 2 for HKD5000. If you get that one, you'd be rampaging big time.

Do you know where to go for racquets?