XVIII ASIAN GAMES 2018 : Individual Event (23-28 August)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 22, 2018.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Now I know who's to blame whenever Kevin plays bad lol

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

One of the greatest matches of all time? Surely not.

KB@TB Em and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Part of the reason is that both CTC and JC played long matches too, never really dominating and having an easy match, whereas LD and CL stomped quite a few of their opponents. It appears there are no dominant players in MS rn - maybe Momota, if this AG performance was a fluke, but outside of that, nobody can be bet on to reach the SF/F stage every time like LD/LCW in 2010-2012, or CL/LCW in 2013-2015. Will be interesting to see how the successful players from the AG perform in Japan in 2 weeks, I don't have high hopes tbh.

KB@TB Em and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  4. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

oh come on Maria Selena is way prettier than Gideon's wife

only drawback i can see is maria is few years older than kev oh and taller too :D

it's ok i guess ex-Miss usually age faster anyway due to continued overuse of makeup and taller wife may give taller kevin jr. in the future .... who knows :D:D:p:p

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The difference between CL and LD is that even in his prime CL relied heavily on his athleticism to be successful, whereas LD was more able to control the game and his opponent, not relying as much on his physicality. However, both appear to have reached a point in their life where their explosive strength and/or strength endurance is not enough anymore. LCW is a naturally more explosive athlete than LD, but has more trouble with stamina and efficiency - the former doesn't fade much as you age, and the latter he improved upon with experience. He will need to win most matches in 2 straight games to maintain his chance for the title in any given tournament, though, as he doesn't recover as well as he used to.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Years and height is not a problem for me but not a fan of heavy make up use and that kind of socialite look .. well I guess most guys or most Indonesian guys would go gaga for something like that.

Prefer natural and plain beauty like Ohori

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Really? It's not even close imo. The difference is way too high.

8. It'sMeMeMe

as far as i know Maria played for a local basketball club here in Surabaya..... some makeup when she plays basketball but nothing this heavy..... i guess she just wanted to look her best supporting kevin in final

she's quite pretty without makeup though

as for socialite look oh well that's quite the norm for pretty girls around here i guess (hint: why i haven't married yet at this age) :eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's just a matter of preference lol

Hahaha I am sorry to say the reason why you haven't married yet is probably with you not the girls around there. :p:p:p

10. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

lol people thought just because it's rubber game and the score in the 3rd game was 24-22 then surely its one of the greatest match of all time. although it's still a pretty good match but the mistakes from both pair was too many to be considered one of the greatest match of all time. the match between kido/hendra vs tbh/kkk in asian games final 2010 actually had better quality compared to this year md final.

11. It'sMeMeMe

oh you wouldn't believe the girls around here lol it's borderline hilarious

though have to give it to you i may have been a factor a little but trust me it's not me .... i may look only critical on this forum but i'm not

12. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

well this is a pretty subjective statement but for me it was, I could see that both pairs was giving their best in this match and Kevin was not playing around unlike his usual self, including Gideon who played really well in my opinion this match, and that rally at 22-22 was very intense and I was impressed at how fast it was and how Fajar/Rian managed to block the smash from Kevin but Kevin prevailed in the end with his smashes

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You also have to consider some of the fans here are probably too young to know about final in 2010 or anything before it. Yeah the level of MD had fallen down that the quality isn't as good as it was back in a decade ago to most people. But come on.. o_O

Woman.in.Red, stanleyfm and LjS4 like this.
  14. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

I don't think gideon played that well tbh, although he serves really well when situation get tight in the 3rd game.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He got a service fault too in G3

16. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

oh yeah I forgot about that :D

17. g3rryok

g3rryok Regular Member

there are many MD match that a lot better than this MD final, but its true that this is one of the greatest match in a while..

i’m really excited to watch fajar/rian play in japan. i miss this kind of MD play style since ahsan/setiawan decline. This style has its own beauty compared minion play style

18. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

same, I always love this kind of play style...there's some "art" to it, not many md can play like this.

badito likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I hope they can be consistent. Difficult matchups in Japan too.

melon94 likes this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, lately all the uprising and upcoming MD style are that fast and furious, so boring.

I only like the minions because of Kevin honestly, he makes it different otherwise they would be nothing special just like any other pairs. How I wish he could have another partner or Marcus could be some better skilled player but now Kevin's partner is Marcus and Marcus is being Marcus, I can only wish them the best.

And I also wish Zhang Nan had another partner too, seriously.

badito likes this.