X VS Y

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Byro-Nenium, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm wondering why is the Cab 21 more expensive than the Cab 21 Special. Prices are like S$110 and S$90 respectively.....

Just like the Isometric 60 Light and the Isometric 60 Light MF costs something like S$55 and S$79 respectively.......

does anyone know why?

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I think the Cab 21 "sp" is a way better and more solidly built racket. I think it is heavier too. I guess there is a price to pay for that!

ABt the iso i have no clue mate!

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I think the Cab 21 "sp" is a way better and more solidly built racket. I think it is heavier too. I guess there is a price to pay for that!

ABt the iso i have no clue mate!

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    the regular issue, or SP as you would call it, are made of higher grades of graphite than the "specials" and "classic" racquets.
    those particular two are made of cheaper grades of graphite.
    It is justified as Yonex just wanted to cash in on the two particular famous names of those racquets, and at the lower cost, and similar body shape (shaft thickness and stiffness are different between the different models); they were very successful.

MF is a different design I suppose.

But the general rules still apply when labelling models, and marketing the product to the public.

Develop a formula that sells well, and stick to it, and milk it until you cant make anymore money out of it. Look at the pokemon franchise, they have almost everything pokemon that you can possibly market.

Forza has done it with the Legend. They have one relabelled as the Legend classic, which is the exact same construction, and even paint job.

The ti10 will probably go through a re-shuffle in the coming year as well, because it's now close to 5 years old.
    Either a paint job is coming around, or they may eventually bump the product... I think the mp80 looks to be the possible successor... but that's just mere speculation. :p
    -Kelvin

5. Gregory

Gregory Guest

Marketing !!!!!