WOW... Just WOW... String Broken in 1 DAY!!!~!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mms6a, Mar 30, 2014.

1. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    A Stringing machine is not completely out of the question, but it is rather expensive for an electric tension head, and I have completely Zero experience in stringing rackets, and might even break a few of mine in the process.... Might be a hard hit on my wallet during the long initial introduction to stringing....

2. shah76

shah76 New Member

sales
    ,it happen , may you should change the grommet as well . it happen to my fren . only last for 1 days sometimes a hours (BG 66 ultimax , bg 66 , NBG 98 ) @ 29 lbs , i think the grommet should be change after 3-4 stringging, btw what shuttle you are using ,

3. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    The grommets are always checked before stringing. And my tension on these rackets nowadays are normally around 22-24lbs

I only tried 29lbs for experimentation, and I liked the tension, but broke one of my rackets in the process (after a smash) the frame just twisted and broke... Probably tension is too high for the racket or the racket has a micro crack

The shuttle we use are almost exclusively Aeroplane Blacks, Victor Masters Ace, Victor Masters #1 and sometimes we use Yonex AeroSensa 40s.

4. shah76

shah76 New Member

sales
    hi there mms6a
    currently i am using the VTZF 2 3u G5 . 3 of them , my string sometimes last for 3 month . string @27 , normally yonex can stand up to 30-32 , so still below the max . can you please try the yonex BG66 Maxima , i have tried it , it better than bg66 ultimax . maybe you should isolate the racket from the other racket , or do single keeping for each racket , and see how , just a suggestion .
    my friend solve the problem by using the yonex with titanium coating string . can last amonth and sometime 3 weeks ,
    maybe try to string at a different shop maybe . sometime different stringing hand job feel different . alot of my friend says that , for me also . it an experiment to try ,
    for me stringing @ 22-24 and breaking a string in a day or a week feel very weird. it consider low tension where i am playing here and very hard to smash faster .
    no harm trying . who know it may get the good result for us to share

5. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yep - that's it.
    Let the strings/racket rests for at least 24 hours.
    Professional players are using mostly freshly strung rackets - but that's also a reason why the string breaks so often in their matches.
    So if you are not a professional, let the string/racket rest for a day and you will not have so many string breaks.
    Thats my personal experiences I have made. Try it out :)

6. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I've always dispensed this advice, and I follow it too. Really 24 hours isn't that long to wait when I have spare rackets to play with, and before I started stringing my own rackets, by the time I get my rackets back it's probably rested for a day already.

Now, the question really is "why do we rest strings after it's been strung", what does resting the strings do? I mean, if we're talking about the string tension, after the racket's been strung, the tension is only going to lower. "letting the tension even out" doesn't make that much sense either. The tension is consistent when strung, especially since I use a wise 2086, which in my experience and opinion is consistent with the amount of tension dispensed each pull. So why "even out" tension, when there might be such a minuscule difference, and who even knows if the strings move around that much after the knot's been tied.

What I'm really getting at is that no one actually has any hard evidence as to why we have this practice. I mean it kind of makes sense, but there really isn't any proof. The earth being flat made total sense before someone when ahead and proved it was a globe. So why do we dispense unproven advice? does it actually matter?

Lastly, sure pro's break lots of strings, but we know absolutely that they play at simply outrageous tensions like 35lbs+, How do you know that pro's mainly use freshly strung strings? Obviously it doesn't matter to pro's since they get free strings and for many players, they get their rackets strung by a team of stringers. Plus, pro's break so many strings in 1 training session, how would we know that resting the strings is what makes a string job last longer. Certainly their strings go in a matter of a couple hours most of the time.

7. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    string break less than 1 hr is nothing..
    mine broken even during stringing....could u beat this record ??

8. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Tips to improve string durability....1. After stringing, wait atleast 24hrs-48hrs before playing with the racket2. Make sure all your hits are on the sweet spot.3. Feather better than plastic birds.4. Make sure you are hitting the birds on the cork and not on the feathers/plastic5. Keep your strings / racket at warm locations eg. Not in your car overnight6. Hope to god your stringer is decent and not a retard at sportschek.Worse case scenario change strings and tension like:BG65 at like 23lbsI get my rackets strung with BG80 at 28lbs, play for about 2-6hrs on court, break it over like 2 months+. But, I guess my stringer at TadsSports is just freaking good.