World Junior Championship Korea

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by gemini12, Sep 25, 2006.

1. seawell

seawell Regular Member

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Ban someone because he is too good?

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

*For the 1st time, KOR book new history at 8th WJBdmChamp -- no wonder of this because :
    - LeeYD factor. This young man definitely is the key-succes to contribute Korea big win in both team and individual events. Maybe he will return KOR's bdm glorius as his predecessor (ParkJB) did well in 80's. No problem for LYD to dump all junior opponents that still lack experience plus minimum skill-level, now he is WR#3 partner w/Jung JS and WR#12 in XD w/HwangYM.

- KOR as the host is always meaning they certainly almost unbeatable. KOR probably adopting 'impossible is nothing' principle in their dictionary. Take a look when Hong Ji-hoon collapsed Tommy, this Korean boy was very extra-ordinary, superb to frustrate Tommy. Really, many bdm fans upset and have owned wrong prediction about this result. Hong's triumphant absolutely is adding Korea proudness at the moment, ahead CHN and INA as 2 bdm super-powers!

*Meanwhile, dissapointment feeling come to CHN who must satisfied w/2 victories from Girl division.
    - Wang Yihan, seems this slim-tall young girl will be the next China promising bdm star. Skillful and ideal outfit, possible can make LYB give attention of her to recruit into national team.

- Uncomfortable result for China mainly is failure of their BS to grab Gold. It's very understandable thing because CHN always reach 1st place in this division along 7 WJC past contests through Sun Jun-Chen Gang-Zhu Feng-Zhang Yang-BCL-CJ (2x). Suddenly, China has big shock with their 2 boys Lu Qicheng & Zhu Wenlong only get Bronze.

*Hosts of WJC are so various and spreading in 5 continents from Asia (Jkt-KL-Guangzhou-Incheon), Europe (Silkeborg) , Australia (Melbourne), America (Vancouver) to Africa (Pretoria). More efforts for BWF to chose city in AUS and AFR as host of the next WC.

*Any photos of our newly-Jr.Champs?

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Picture of the Ukraine Jnr team

The team is sponsored by Winex...

Attached Files:

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    A member on the forum asked if I can provide names for the Ukraine Junior team. Unfortunately I wasn't provided with that information but I believed that the third player from the left is Elena Pruz.

6. event

event Regular Member

Well, there are seven players in the photo and a total of seven players in the draw:
    ZAVADSKY, DMITRY / MARTYNENKO, MARIYA / NATAROV, GEORGIY / CHKHEIDZE, OLGA / MASHCHENKO, OLENA / BURLAKA, ARTUR / PIVOVAROVA, OLGA

No Elena Pruz in the draws. If she is in the picture, she is there instead of a player who actually played. Sorry I can't help you match names to faces. I watched them play but that was 9 months ago.

#246 event, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  7. event

event Regular Member

I'm sure this is of very little use but the two girls in the photo below are, according to the draw and to the scoreboard there, OLGA CHKHEIDZE and OLENA MASHCHENKO:

Attached Files: