world cup day 3

Discussion in 'World Cup 2005' started by yingcheng, Dec 15, 2005.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Candra/Sigit has won 2 matches before today's match. So, they will still advance even if they lose because they have a better record than Sang/Zheng or Choong/Lee (both pairs have lost twice). Similarly, Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen also advances to the semi-final despite losing to Tony Gunawan/Howard Bach today.

2. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

Don't be surprised that Bao lost.

From the way he plays, I believe he has reached his peak. Not his full potential, but this level of play is the highest he will ever achieve. He doesn't have the winner mentality. It's so obvious. Soft physically (tall but slow) and mentally.

A lot of times, it's the attitude and mental strength that divides the top 5 players in the world. In this aspect, Bao is just pure looser. Just look at his body language and facial expression on the court. Many times when playing against top players, he doesn't seem to think of a way to win a match, he only tries to respond to the next shot and that's it. It's like a mental block.

Based on his performance, the China coaching team will give up on him after 1 or 2 years. They have given enough opportunities for him to prove himself. Time is running out especially since Chen Jing up and coming.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    pretty good analysis of bao. Yes, mental strength/intelligence and stamina are what separate the very top from the other top 10's. It seem taufik isnt wrong of saying that bao 'is just a child'. I think bao would benefit alot if he goes through some motivation training like most top american athletes do.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23731&highlight=taufik+child
    taufik sure know how to read his opponent :p

#63 cooler, Dec 16, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I was first shock when I read this but when I think of it... I kinda a agree.

5. Vtec101

Vtec101 Regular Member

Printing

It's great Man won, too bad Ming lost today. I think she's out, right?

Dang, Thai WD lost too.

#65 Vtec101, Dec 16, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2005