World Cup 2006:Day 4 (Semifinals)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by 2cents, Oct 26, 2006.

1. blessing

blessing Regular Member

haih.. lww had skipped twice for asian games.. now wanna skip again.. haih.. no fate wif asian.. but have to wait for the greenlight from NSC.. NSC will make the last decision.. hehe.. :)

2. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    There is no supersport channel?

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I think rest of the WS competitors are more tired...

..hehe, i wouldn't be surprised if we see an encore in the upcoming Asian Games in Doha between the 2 of them again....so, both XXF and ZN tired?? naaaah, well, just not as tired as the rest of their competitors..hehehe:p ;) :D :cool:

#303 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hehe, probably as long as he gets his SF appearance bonus-cheque, that would already suffice..hehe;):rolleyes: :p :) :D

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think a SF placing is worth at least US$2000 (plus appearance fee of US$1000 just for participating). Not bad for 1 victory and 1 defeat in 2 days work :cool:

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    doesn't BWF have penalty for players keep pulling stunts like taufik?

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hehe, indra and his "golden-boy" Taufik seemed to go hand in hand, everytime a tournament gets underway(with the usual talks)..:p:) ..except indra finally realized he has run out of excuses now, thus now prefers to disappear into thin air without making any further comments...:) :D ;) ...

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..thanks for disclosing..(and i'm sure he'll probably not pay any taxes for those either).;) :)

9. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Taufik does not technically do anything wrong. He cited an injury and he did that BEFORE the match. If he goes into the match and then fake an injury, then BWF can take disciplinary action against him. The only thing he does is making fool of himself. Last time I looked, the WBF does not punish player for making a fool of themselves :D.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

by the letters of the bylaw yes but everyone knows 'why' he declared injury since he did play to completion of his previous match.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

if for a canadian, he/she has to pay airfare + room + meals.
    if pbsi pays TH expense and TH get to keep his booty, then showing up is worth it, and stay long enough to play those matches that he has a chance to collect more booty.:D His principle is, if he can't win, why play and sweat it? I dont understand TH fans, TH surely isnt playing badminton for them

#311 cooler, Oct 27, 2006
  12. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Glad that Lin and Tazari won their match today.
    Lin got fantastic power smash.

Anyone know if Lin is a nice guy? My impression of him is not very good.

13. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Well I was mainly aiming at Indra as he overdoes it with the excuses and his bias comments (ie. everybody's afraid of Taufik...blah blah blah) but now I'm starting to be dissappointed with Taufik as well. I mean, the guy does not even try anymore; I don't considering entering a tournament then quit because of stamina-related problems. He shouldn't even enter anymore tournament if he keeps on doing this.

If it's really injury then I don't blame him. But then you can't just claim injury-related problem too many times either. Just rest up and wait until his condition improves because he's just wasting PBSI's time and money when it can be spent on younger players with more potential (Taufik aint getting any better while the youngsters like Simon Santoso can improve).

Taufik should be more like Peter Gade & Kenneth Jonassen when it comes to knowing when he should play in a tournament and when not to. Gade injured himself earlier this year in the Thailand Open after winning the Philippines or Singapore Open so he withdrew from that and did not play in the Hong Kong Open. Same thing with Jonassen as he withdrew from the WC'06 when he injured himself in a team match.

Now it just seems like he's exiting early in tournaments, or if not then withdrawing and it seems as if he is avoiding Lin Dan in the process. Hopefully this withdraw/walk-over is the last one for a long while otherwise I'd have to say he's afraid of facing Lin Dan.

Taufik has to remember that the more he avoids LD the more LD will think that TH is afraid of him thus giving him more and more confidence when facing TH in the future. It is better to face a less-confident opponent than one with full confidence as he would do his best making it a long match which we all agree that TH cannot handle any longer.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

TH walkover is also unfair to all other advancing participants too.
    If LD or any other players that TH afraid to meet, LD et al has one match less to play, therefore, less tired going into next match. This is really unfair to the next player facing LD coz he had to fight hard with bruises to advance and now has to play a rested player like lin dan. It would take a miracle to beat a rested Lin dan when ur already nearly tapped out. TH diberate W/O distorts the tournament fair play.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..(sorry, i'm just keeping these comments)..
    well, this is what me and a few other BC/BFers(ie. badMania) have mentioned(numerous times) earlier...Esp. abt the part i've highlighted in bold above..In a way, you can say, Taufik is participating in all these BWFs events/tourneys just to "show face"...esp. now, whether he wins or loses, it seems like it's not too important anymore...:p

Abt indra, well, as i've mentioned a while back, during the recent HK Open, he's probably just supporting and voicing his fanfare for Taufik most likely out of "blind optimism"..:p..meaning, (this might sound a bit extreme) that even if Taufik is playing on 1 leg, or say Taufik is clearly out of shape, indra will most likely still say something like, "Taufik will surely win, no one can defeat him, Taufik will finally show who is the real boss etc."...hehehe:rolleyes: :p :) :D ;)

#315 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2006
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, i thought badMania mentioned in another post that for this World Cup event, all the participants' expenses are paid for by the organizers??...So, most likely not even PBSI chipped in for his participation in the World Cup...correct me if i'm wrong, badMania..:p ;)

17. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Exactly! Lee Chong Wei may have won if LD & TH plays each other and tired themselves out before going to the finals. Lee Chong Wei had a marathon match against the young rising star of China, Chen Jin, yet he managed to stretched Lin Dan, who (thanked to TH) received one full day to rest, to a full 3 close sets.

This is why my hat goes off to people like Lee Chong Wei, Kenneth Jonassen, and Peter Gade. They will always fight until the end and never regret anything. I love their wonderful effort and fighting spirit that they put into every match they play.

#317 virusvoodoo, Oct 27, 2006
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

oh ok. Then it's a nice vacation for Mr and Mrs Hidayat:) I wonder if sponsors would fund TH again if he just show up and move around for couple of matches.

19. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    :crying: :crying: :crying: FHF/CY lost :crying: :crying: :crying: not again :( :( :(
    so did Gao/Zhang :( oh well, this is only invitational! :D :p :eek: ;)
    hope they do will well in Doha in December! :D :cool:

20. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    btw, thanks for the commentating guys! :D ;) :)