World Championships 2009 day Seven(Aug 16, 09) FINAL!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by george@chongwei, Aug 15, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What is so excited when CHN VS. CHN in the final?

3. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    People are just excited to see what 'drama' it will be on for the games on CHN vs CHN:p

but as this is the final match i think they will just go all out.

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    well, excitement is the reflection of the self experience sediments. Understanding must come before the excitement.

Lin Dan vs Chen Jin is probably one of the most exciting match I am looking for. What we can expect better than that!

Lin Dan has won a lot, his winning is the most common thing in badminton tournaments, but in the most recent tournament he was in, he lost to Chen Jin.

while Chen Jin has been the up and coming super star for years, but Lin Dan is the last barrier he has to overcome. If he wins, that will be a new era in badminton.

Lin Dan vs Chen Jin!!! it is so exciting, because it's the fight between the two best players, because it's the battle between two styles, because it's the war between two generations....... :eek:

can you understand that? :cool:

5. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    i hope CJ wins. But LD is ever motivated now that his lover XXF is also in final.

#5 yen_saw, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    would you be excited if it were MAS vs MAS?

7. ericmeiguo

ericmeiguo Regular Member

Well said. Although someone will still argue that LD and CJ didn't meet THAT ONE!

CJ played like crazy today. He let me think of LD in OG08. And LD definitely wants to win, to not only make the record, but win 2 titles with XXF along.

XXF hasn't played great games since OG08; I think she'll get inspirited to win this one to prove herself.

Usually WD finals are between Chinese players. It's sad that all players from all other country aren't able to stop Chinese pairs like in XD.

MD, these pairs met several times this year. It's always excited to watch the tight fight between them.

8. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

You get the chance to judge if the game is fixed :).

9. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Prediction:

LD VS CJ: 52:48

If LD play like today against SDK, he will lost against CJ. I hope he can play 100% tomorrow so that all of us can watch an entertaining match. LD to win.

Nova/Butet VS Kamila/Thomas 51:49

Indonesian pair did not do very well this year (what I mean here, did not win tons of titles) meanwhile The Danes play insane in this tournament by defeating 2 fav pairs . Can they defeat three in a row? I wish The Indonesia pair to win but lately it seem Nova choke on final hurdle in few of the events. Hope it will not be tomorrow.

XXF : LL 51:49

If XXF can play like she play against ZM and PHY, handdown she will win. But she had trouble playing her own teammates lately. Still she will win in 3 sets.

ZTT/ZYW : CS/ZYL 58:42
    ZTT/ZYW had the best records against their own teammates. They will win.

CY/FHF : LYD/JJS 50:50

Another fast and furious match. The Chinese pair will attack all out while the Koreans will try to defend and attack back and try to drive the birdie more. If CY can play superb net skill tomorrow , China will win. But If Korean managed to defend very well and force FHF to play in front of net more, Korean pair will win.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    You have to be rembered also what Li YongBo has targeted - 100 World Champions.........

11. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

Wish the best for INA XD pair

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Sure i will if it is really happened. Instead, it's nearly happened in the MD'S section.

Double standard? No.

Simply because MAS will not practising MATCH -FIXING -ARRANGEMENT, as what usually CHN will do/already done many times involving their own players in certain matches.

13. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

im so suprised that the world players droped some sets
    like Cai/Fu droped first match against malaysia
    same with lee yong dae and lee hyo jung

14. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

come on Nova/Lilyana, Lin Dan, XF Xie.....make the hattrick....!!!!

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

All i know is..

...For the Finals Rd., only 2 or 3 countries will go home smiling...and 1 or 2 countries will go home empty handed and sad...

My 1.75 sens take:

For MD, as i mentioned many a times, which ever pair can control the net, that pair will win, in this case the KORs have LYD. Upperhand for the Koreans.

For XD, the INA pair is playing and utilizing their experience. This could be a motivational factor for Nova as he's playing, arguably, his last biggest match with his partner. The Danes are on a roll & playing with momentum, beating arguably 2 of the favorite XD pairs to reach the Final. INA has the slight advantage.

For MS, the BC Poll's jinx is still there for the MS event;). But it's Lin Dan's title to lose.

For WS, it's time for Lu Lan to shine and finally make a name for herself.

For WD, it'll be the veteran pair's title to lose.

Good luck to all and hope we'll get an entertaining Finals...:cool:

#15 ctjcad, Aug 15, 2009
  16. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    At least I can have lunch while the WD is on ...yawn. LD v CJ should be good as there is no need for either player not to try their best..

17. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    I find out it really boring to watch CHN vs CHN, normally I don't watch it, as I think it's an internal 'battle'. I know China is dominating the game, esp in WD, and WS. It's same as Kor vs Kor or any other country but China is a bit more unexciting, due to match fixing practice and their military style efficiancy.

I then switch off, because there is no personality and or differant style of play, they all know each others game, as they practice together all day long.

I think the demise of Indonesian Badminton is sad for the game, as they used to have MD players going to the finals. Chinese Women single players are so dominant that you often see them going into finals.

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

for cry out loud, there is only 3-4 yrs between them 2! 2 generations? has to agree that they are the best, most in form and well prepared for the WC. still LD has the edge.

19. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

LD and CJ both work their way to the final with their own effort and people still complain. Double standard, bias, envy and bitter? I'd say Yes. :rolleyes:

And please, Malaysia don't even have the luxury to talk about match-fixing. How many teams/players they have left by quarterfinal? 3. Final? ZERO!!!!! You should be thankful one day when Malaysia finally have the opportunity to cast a match fixing and that is not on round 32. OUCH.

#19 Wong8Egg, Aug 15, 2009
  20. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

But Alan, CJ and LD though had only few years gap , they come from different generation.

LD, BCL, LCW and SDK (Over 25), all of them surface in badminton international pretty much at the same time. From Junior to senior. Not to mention LD/BCL and SDK had play int circuit since they are 17 or 18.

Meanwhile I had to said from CJ generation, maybe only CJ who rise the fastest from all the players from his generation to top world. (Under 22) HOw old is CJ? 21 or 22?