Wong Choong Hann, please retire

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by weeyet, May 16, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

2nd version of lee chong wei:p

2. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

lol, but i don't like the chance of HH vs BCL.:p

3. block306

block306 Regular Member

I think the last bit of this thread is an interesting and important discussion for M'sian badminton fans; even though the thread's title and front thrust are not. Perhaps this discussion on M'sian MS can be moved to another thread- which sub-forum??

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup. agree. WCH already announce many times he's going to retire aft his last OG appearance.

Block306, since you are interested in Msia MS- Yap KH has said BAM will look to groom "new blood" for 2010 TC edition. Off hand he mentioned TCS, Arif & CHong Wei Feng to be promoted to senior squad. These same 3 names are also mentioned by WCH.

And he said they need to look for "proper coach" to groom these youngsters, so maybe new MS coach will be hired -hmmmm I was thinking WCH, if he wants to be a coach. Misbun has his hands full with LCW, WMC, other youngsters.

Some may say it's late action by BAM. There are quite a no of MS players in back-up squad & BJSS, but they dont seem to be good enuf, even those who are given to Misbun to train. No easy to look for another of WCH(the WCH in his younger days) & LCW's calibre.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^For a start..^^

..is it possible to send all 3 MAS juniors to the upcoming U.S. Open???.. ;)

6. eaglehelang

You want 4,5,6,7 also can, pester BAM :D. Yap KH said they will be exposed to higher level tourneys,i.e. SS, GP Gold. Maybe you're curious to see the Chong Wei Feng that beat Chen Jin in action. Back-up players also got Beryno WOng, Liew Daren, Chong LI Qun, Chan Kwong Beng, none making any waves yet.

But.... maybe KLRC will send the 16 yr old Zulfaldi, he's really up & coming MS, in future years can overtake the current MJ.

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I believe that WCH is going to retire after the Olympic...

I like the idea of upgrading Hafiz to 2nd MS and promote one of the younger players to take the 3rd spot...

8. victory

victory Regular Member

Firstly, I think the thread is not necessary as WCH has already annouced he wants to retire after Olympic. Yes WCH is over his prime but we do not need a thread like this to ask a good sportman like WCH to retire. Considering the fact that WCH has contributed a lot to our nation in the arena of badminton. I think even if WCH wants to retire from being a player he should be hired immediately by BAM as a caoch. He has excellent skills and vast experiences. Besides he has the temperament and the brain to be a good coach. I still remember famous coaches like Li mao and Indra have mentioned WCH has potential to be a coach. I think WCH is an asset to BAM because not every good players can be a good coach. WCH has it all and he has good relationship with other players and coaches.

Secondly, let us open a new thread to discuss malaysian young men single talents. I think we are in dire need of good young talents in the single department. Can someone who knows how to do this take action?:)

9. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    I think there's already a "Malaysian Juniors" thread in Professional Player forum.:)

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    From the way Misbun reacted after the SF, HH will not be considered for next TC 2010:eek:

11. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    It still has another 2 years. Hopefully the youngsters can fill in the gap left by WCH & HH...

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Let Arif, Tan Chun Seang, Kwong Beng loose -- they are dying to have a go. Let them play at the premium tournaments. Let them experience, learn, and win confidence. There is no other way.

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Will Wong Tat Meng make way for Wong Choon Han when WCH retires to be coach ?

Hope Choon Han will be made coach but not at the expense of WTM - coz if WCH leaves, WTM does not have anyone of substance to train.

14. eaglehelang

Yap KH also said to that effect, they're looking at the youngsters for another 3 MS - to be MS2, MS3 and reserve, not Hafiz. TCS, Arif & Chong Wei Feng are the names mentioned.

Would be good if WCH wants to coach aft he retires. Rashid has too many under his charge.

15. eaglehelang

WCH can be assistant to WTat Meng, with 3 or 4 back-up promoted to senior squad, they have more to train. But aft WMC left to train with Misbun, looks like Tat Meng may leave BAM aft OG. Now all focus are on OG. The way Yap KH saying like will hire new coach - if you read NST & Berita Harian.

But that is... if WCH wants to be a coach, unlike CTF, WCH didnt indicate he wants to be in baddy line aft retirement.

16. victory

victory Regular Member

Oh No No No! WCH should be made a coach but this should not at the expense of Wong Tat Meng. In fact, I think WTM has coached both WCH and Wong Mew Choo well all these years. WCH to assist WTM to coach a few newly promoted players from Rashid squad is one of the options. Also, I totally agree that Rahisd has his hand full with too many players( men and women players) at the moment.

I am not saying Rashid is not doing a good job. But the purpose of setting up a back up squad is produce and get ready the young talents for national team isn't it? There is no better moment than now to sent some young talented players to national team. WTM and WCH can coach these young talents.

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Why dont upgrade him as 1st MS?

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!:D:D

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

It's kinda rude to ask WCH to retire. and do u really think he wants to carry on the burden at this age? if someone else better than him, do u think he will not make way for the youngsters? so... pls think hard before u guys critisize him :mad:

I watched him played against BCL... trust me, he had given it all and on several occassions (when BCL successfully retrieved dead shots and won the points), WCH was mad n "curse"... so, give him a break... he will retire after OG08 and Arif will take over him, i suppose :)

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hafiz is a so-so player now. No offence but I think he is not capable of rocking the Chinese players -- he has no great stamina.

Only player Malaysia can rely on in singles is LCW. As such we must start to breed the youngies like Arif, Kwong Beng, etc. And needless to say, they will definitely be given their chances very soon.

In doubles, it is different. Even though KKK_TBH lost, there were moments where I felt they were very capable. I think it is a matter of time before they come back to their best. Just as I had written Zakry-Fairuzizuan off, they came back to prove me wrong with a strong showing in the TC beating the 2nd best chinese pair. So I feel in the doubles, we may have to bear a bit of patience.

20. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    If KKK/TBH is in the recovery process, Hafiz is totally out!

He is not ''staminaless'', he is ''spiritless''.

Man, at least u fight!

Let the juniors to go. Forget Hafiz.