Women Menstrual Cycle

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by IndoAmerican, Jan 22, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

'uncle' Loh was making a joke, since it's meant for women only, how come you know how it tastes like?:D

And yes, yes my mum made me drink that kind of stuff bf, didnt do much good - too heaty. One of my colleagues cant take Chinese herbs too, she's worse, got migraine aft taking them. Not everybody can take the herbal stuff.

2. CkcJsm

CkcJsm Regular Member

Argh, I hate being on my period. Seriously, I dont feel like going to practice, hate it when we condition and footwork/games. Arg. You guys wouldn't know half of it. Yes, pain, hormones, cramps are a factor, but their is another part to it too. You guys wouldn't know (lucky.) They should totally not let us go to practice if we are on our period. Our game and effort decreases and we are like OMG DO I HAVE TO. Lol.

Also, we always think we will "leak" so its awkward and bothers me.

#62 CkcJsm, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  3. sputneek

sputneek Regular Member

I think if the tournament falls on day 1 of your period, the game will definitely be affected by a lot. Then again, it depends on the ladies. It's not all the time that a lady would feel pain on her day 1.

Do note that before and after period, the body goes through some hormonal changes, causing it to have imbalance hormone. This may be permanent or may be temporary.

The cure is to either take hormone pills (which is known to have bad side effects) or to treat whatever pain that they are having (painkiller for cramps, or paracetemol for headache). Of course treating the pain is a cheaper and faster way.

I used to be an athlete and I've seen my relay run team mate going from hero to zero, and it's all because her period fall on the day of our sports meet.

There are pills that you can take to delay your menstrual cycle and these pills are easily available from GP. I'm sure many of the male here know what menstrual cycle is, if not, you may google it. So, I guess maybe a female athlete would have done her calculation to see if her menses fall on the day of the tournament or somewhere around that day. But if menses cramp doesnt bother that athlete at all, I dont think she would even bother calculating.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    The hormonal changes, imbalance hormones etc were explained to me by my GP. Maybe for more details, there's always google :)

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Exercise regularly and moderately sure helps. ;)

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Or men's voice will sound funny...wakakaka!!!:p:D
    Hmmm...something for opposing coaches to think about...send someone to spy on CHN top women players on who is on menstrual cycle, then make them run all over the court...that would do it, strategy 101....:D:p