Wise 2086 Series 14 Custom Switch

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by xZhongCheng, Aug 20, 2021.

?

Good Improvement?

1. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not Needed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    So... I got bored during the pandemic. Haven't been able to hit the courts and I decided to see if I could improve on my ghetto lego setup I made.

I was in China on vacation a few years ago and saw a store had a Victor VE-80. The store owner was nice enough to let me string my own racket on their machine, giving me a chance to use it. The ONE thing that made me in awe of the VE-80 was the string gripper triggering the tensioner as you move it to tension the string.

I currently own a Victor VM-2000S with a Wise Series 14 attached to it. When I got the Series 14 I loved the improvements on it, except the button. I found out it wasn't actually a real button, but a photoelectric through beam sensor that triggered. I started to dismantle the button and the through beam sensor, and made my first ghetto setup.

This had surprisingly worked well, but I didn't like how bulky and ugly it looked. Eventually I came up with this version of the switch after doing a lot of reading and testing. This is the current prototype, and yes I love using legos haha.

The finished version will have a 3d printed casing which I will post once i get those ready. This had given me the functionality of activating the tensioner when the gripper is moved. I also added a Mechanical Keyboard button for returning the tensioner.

I am planning on making a few of these. Anyone with a Series 14 Wise, let me know if you want one. I was planning to make on for the Series 12, but I don't think its possible due only having the 3.5mm jack.

I had fun making these little projects during this down time. Might take on some others If there's any other improvements we can do for this.

Edit: Printed parts came out great. IMG_20210821_152648.jpg IMG_20210821_161345.jpg

#1 xZhongCheng, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    DarthHowie, emjay, SweString and 3 others like this.
  2. mbvolunteers

mbvolunteers Regular Member