Wind Shield

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Budi, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Long short story, the boss on my company willing to makes our own badminton court instead of renting outside.

Im given an unused warehouse. Just roof, no wall. Its not quite windy but standing there you could feel breeze air run through ur skin which definitely affect the shuttle flight. So, as the title said, is there some way to block or at least reduce wind come through the court?

Im thinking like fiber curtain but thinking its close to factory, it would be easily get dirty & wont look good either when its dirty.
    Any idea guys?

kwun likes this.
  2. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Realistically, you need to put up four walls slightly higher than the height clears will be.

I can't think of any other options to stop wind in that setting

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Could you consider wooden planks acting as a wall? It won’t look pretty though.

It doesn’t have to be totally airtight.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I talk to building maintenance person on the company & they tell me they had fish net like stuff (idk the name) & i see the hole are not quite big (the hole size are like my little finger size). So fold & layer it 3-4 times might be able to hold the wind as its not strong wind blow just breeze wind. Then add banner here & there to makes it look nice & also help to hold the wind.
    Let see if it would work.

If not, i guest a wall need to be build.
    Thank guys.

Cheung likes this.
  5. wannaplay

wannaplay Regular Member

you can try construction tarps. they comes in different widths and heights from 8'-50' tall, they come in different materials, but are generally wind and water proof. the trick is figuring out how to hang them.