~Wilson V2~

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Hashy, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Hashy

Hashy Regular Member

;'
    Hey dudes, what do you all think about the Wilson V2? I recently bought it and am a little skeptical about it. Any comments will be appreciated! ;)

2. Hashy

Hashy Regular Member

;'
    Anyone? Please reply someone?!

3. fiorenza2

fiorenza2 Regular Member

My friend (who likes Wilson rackets) would like to buy one of these rackets from Sport Discount.

Although I don't have one, I know, thanks to my year old badminton magazine lying around, that Aamir Ghaffar used to use one of these (I think he uses the Wilson N5 or N4 now).

When you say sceptical, are you saying you think it's fake, or is it just a bad racket? My experience with Wilson V-series have been good (until I recently broke my V6!:crying:)

4. Hashy

Hashy Regular Member

;'
    I mean that I am concerned of the quality a.k.a how good it is.

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Umm... use it on court. The only person who can say that it's good for you is yourself.

6. Singhy94

Singhy94 Regular Member

Yo hashy

In my opinion the wilson v6 is ten times better than the v2 but it does not matter to me coz i just won a new racket a ashaway vp electro:D

7. lightheaded

lightheaded New Member

Stiff+++

The Wilson Vision series went from V2 to V16 in increments of 2.

V2 being the stiffest, V16 being the most flexible.

Since you're asking, it's not the racquet for you.

This has got to be the stiffest racquet ever made (when new). You will break before it does.

8. Singhy94

Singhy94 Regular Member

Lol but it is not in order of flexibility i have used the v6 n my friends v14 my v6 is much more flexible

9. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

It's somewhat put in order regarding stiffness, however just as alot lot of other lines of racquet, they are put in order by the statistic preformance from the manufacturer.

And the v14 is not stiffer than a v6. The v6 is somwhere between medium stiff, and stiff, unless wilson have changed the racquet. If my memory serves me right, the v10, v12 and v14 are all flexible shafts, the v8 and v6 are medium stiff-stiff shafts, and the v4 and v2 are stiff and extra stiff.

10. michaelavich

michaelavich Regular Member

a little late I guess

I've had a v6 that I liked (it broke in a bad clash with a stationary metal object... not it's fault) and i have a v8 that I love and have had for a couple years or so. I put it down for a bit but have been playing with it again lovin' it.

11. Courbet

Courbet Regular Member

I have a Wilson V 4 here and absolutely hate the racquet compared to my other two; no power and not enough control to compensate imo. Dont get me wrong, it isnt a bad but I have been playing alot with my other two, but both broke their strings in the past week and I have been forced to use the Wilson, and to be honest I am pretty frustrated with it.
    My other two racquets are Talbot Torro Colin Haughton ISO Power and Victor Inside Wave 4000.