Why the Chinese are so dominant?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by London_Player, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Isometric_kid

Isometric_kid Regular Member

Student
    Are you saying Indonesia modernization progress (ie. higher education) is ahead of the curve than China? LOL.
    Tell me, give me some examples of would be Indonesian badminton stars turn academics that have rock the world with academic achievement, discoveries and other accolades???

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Then would it be safe to assume that China has better quality coaching, development, organization quality, fund support, etc, etc than Malaysia? If so, and adding to the population factor, then no wonder that China is the international dominator in badminton that it is.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Before you judge my comparison way off, you should check out there are many countries where baddy quality in many aspect are similar. IMO, MAS CHN INA KOR and DEN are similar in many aspects and criteria. If you dont agree with me, thats fine. But please enlight me that population does not matter. And country like Brunei Darusalam will one day become a badminton powerhouse???

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Decent quality backed up by sheer hard work and some luck. It's not gonna happen too often. CHN used to be more dominant.

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Used to be more dominant when?

Stop the hate and enjoy the fate.

6. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Read my previous post carefully. Did I say Indonesia modernization progress is ahead of China? I only mentioned that due to modernization of Indonesia, the economical structure of Indonesia changed and parents decided to put less emphasis in professional sport.
    Your second sentence is totally irrelavant to this topic what so ever. Not to mention that you automatically assumed that a natural badminton player will excel in other field.
    Honestly, I do not understand why you assumed that a good sport man will automatically excel in other academic field. From the place I am from, most of them just do decently enough to graduate and earn a living, while still playing sport at league level(I assumed is the same as Indonesia). And again, if you read my post carefully, I did not say those natural players rock the academics once they get involved in higher education.

I sense that some reading comprehension and common sense are lacking here. No offence.

#26 lcleing, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i tend to agree with icleing in this occasion. i don't see how I_kid you managed to reach that from what Icleing says.

don't fall into old habits.

8. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales

Don't quite agree with your statement, if that is the case, India is the second powerhouse after China and India will be the major badminton power in a few decades time once their population is more than the Chinese.

However, I do agree that the total number of high level club players in China is greater than the whole population of Canada.

9. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    I think all hopes for non-Chinese champions in the near future is not too far off, just take a look at the recently concluded Youth Olympics in Singapore, Thailand won both the Boys Single and Girls Single champions even with China's participation for both events. Also, the young players from Malaysia, India, Denmark and Singapore do look promising by their age's standard.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is the best reply so far. a comprehensive view of all the factors that needs to come together in order to produce such a dominant result. not one factor alone can make it happen.

and add onto that a very well supported and well managed national team which not only support the physical but also support the financial wellbeing of their players.

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

In terms of powerhouses, I would say that China is the Superpower and Korea comes in a second. Indonesia and Denmark are there, but we have seen the old faces again and again. Malaysia is out because they only have one MS and one MD to challenge for titles.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Because they train harder than any other country.
    Army style training:cool:

13. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    China has more senior citizens, but India has more teenagers and 20-30 year-olds. More older people help the country becoming a badminton powerhouse?

Canada population is 34million, China 15-30 years old population is 260million, if China had 34million high level club players, then it's over 13%, or 1 out of 7 people would be high level club players.

I didn't see any of my classmates/personal friends are high level club players.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    They have more people who love badminton. ;)

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

why China so dominant? I think some friends here had already drawn the conclustion:

1: the most current reason: they tip the shuttles

2: historical reason: they can only win by beating their teammates

16. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Agree with this post :)....

18. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

any question?

more specific speaking, China won MS by tipping the shuttle, and won WS, WD, XD by beating their own teammates which are too simple and easy, every country can do that. In one word, they won because there were no real competitions. Other countries players were not even motivated to win.

Got it?

19. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    "Others countries players weren't even motivated" >> you should be joking..

"No real competition" let me remind you that before beating their teamates, they should have eliminated the others shuttlers eh ?!...

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I was not joking. That's the impression and conclusion after I read so many threads and posts on this forum for 8 years!