Why not use individual racket bags?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by PinkDawg, Jan 7, 2016.

1. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Hi. Most of the rackets I have bought thus far have come with individual racket bags. I imagine that for sponsored players, this is the case too. Why is it then, that most sponsored players don't use the individual racket bags within their big racket bags? I used to think that the individual racket bags helped the rackets last longer, but I'm starting to doubt that. Should I go without the individual bags? It could save me some space. Thanks!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i remember once seeing a picture of LYD getting 10 BS LYD racket, in a huge shopping bag. no individual bags like we get in retail.

also, most players have 10+ rackets in their tournament bag, the players travel on flights to many country with those tournament bags. 10+ those individual bags takes up lot of space and weight which i am sure they will rather not have.

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

It just takes up space, a lot of space!

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    how many racquets do you take? :D

5. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I usually take 2-4! I think I'll mostly take 2-3 now because 4 is just too many. I guess individual racket bags are still possible for me then. :D do you all think they protect the rackets? or is it all marginal and in my head? :crying:

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I have never really bothered with the individual racquet bags except to try and get two or three racquets into one small racquet bag :D

I never seem to have the same problems that other people do with breaking racquets. I am sure clashes with other people are a bigger factor.

7. phorge

phorge Regular Member

If space is not an issue, definitely use them.

8. phili

phili Regular Member

I don't think keeping your rackets in individual bags prolongs their lifespan. The only thing it might prevent are scratches but that's about it.

As to why professionals don't do it: Even if it would prolong a racket's lifespan it just takes up too much space and they normally have plenty rackets at their hands.

9. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    I saw kento momota used the cloth individual bag inside his bag. I think it was the Dubai Superseries..

10. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

I only take 3 rackets to club nights in a 6 racket bag, all in their original bags for extra protection. I keep the other 3 spaces free for any rackets I may bring back for stringing. I haven't participated in a tournament since my university days and that was decades ago. I guess it depends on your level of play :).

Why don't international players use bags? At a guess and as others have stated above, to minimize bulk and maximize carrying capacity. Also, when you get your rackets and restrings for free why would you care if they get scratched and busted up? Think all those lunges and scrapes across the ground matter to them? Hell no! Does it matter to me? Hell yes, I don't get my rackets for free!

miggybiggie likes this.