Why LCW can't beat LD

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by galaxyduo, Sep 28, 2014.

1. shareprayer2010

shareprayer2010 Regular Member

student
    LCW is coaches trained, Lin Dan is natural born killer......

So it is a very different kind of situation when it comes to game points and special cases.
    Mentally Lin Dan is many times better than LCW.

When playing Lin Dan, LCW is a total silencer and very focused. Maybe too much detail in LCW gameplay, too cautious and dare not to try the basic attacks. So he loses.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Someone said LCW should retire and I have also said that before, if he regulrly looses on SF day.

If he still wants to continue playing, it best for him to change coach.
    They aren't of any help to him anymore,
    Otherwise, retire.

3. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Altho I would like to say LCW should retire also. Being away for long periods from your kid and wife is taking a toll. Not to mention all the heartbreaks. How much more should he torture himself for our sakes. He look tired and the fire has slightly gone in him.

On the other hand I would wait to the end of the year to gauge his form against CL and LD in the next few tournaments. If he still finding it hard to kill off LD and CL, he should reitre.

If he wants to stay....... he needs a different approach. He needs a new coach, not that the present coaches have not done a good job but I think they cant give him more.

He needs new direction and I would recommend Kenneth Jonassen or PG if they are interested. Or he needs an Indonesian coach.

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Whatsoever, LCW is still one of the very best shuttler today!

To those who criticize LCW, just keep in mind, he is still a very very good player, holder of WR #1 (at least officially), and aside from LD and CL, he can beat the rest of the players at ease, and if there's any from the 2nd echelon that is able to beat him, it's rare and just a flux. No other shuttlers can repeatedly beat LCW beyond LD and CL.

Therefore, whether LCW is regarded to be the world's #1 or #2 (or even #3), he's still the very best #1/#2 (or even #3), because the rest are simply unable to defeat him!

And to the even more ridiculous suggestion asking LCW to resign early, why should he do it?

He can still win most of tournaments at ease, most of the time a final spot is reserved for him, and often the gold trophy is his. Practically he can still make an easy grab of the prize money from the many tournaments, a significant amount that will cause envy to the most, if not all, BCers :D

In short, whether or not LCW can beat LD (or CL) in their successive encounters, as long as LCW is still able to beat all the 2nd echelon, he's still the very best shuttler (regardless whether he's the world's #1/#2/#3), and there's no sin to eventually become the world's #2 (or even #3).

So, BCers, please have your feet on the ground. Be realistic and have your own reflections before saying anything rude or cynical toward LCW. I do have my high respect for him as one of the best shuttler today!

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I mean fluke instead of flux ;) in ... "it's rare and just a flux"

6. letmk

letmk New Member

Do some fact-checking before you post. Lin Dan's career record is 494-64 (88.5%), while Lee Chong Wei's is 547-107 (83.6%). Don't just think for granted. During the last two years, JOJ is the ONLY player who has beaten Lin Dan in international play. Granted, Lin Dan didn't play many tournaments, still, that's ONE loss in two years. While Lee Chong Wei deserves his #1 ranking, he has lost to many oppoernets (by Lin Dan and his own standard) since London '12. Exactly because JOJ is the only one who has a recent success, people just can not remove that from their memory.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Okay, you prove yourself wrong in your own post. LD hasn't played many tournaments at all in the last 2 years, which is exactly why he has only been beaten by one player. If you extrapolate the numbers, he is not better than LCW, especially considering most of his tournaments this year were 2nd-rank GPG events and not SS/PSS.
    While I agree that in the big events he aims for, LD is almost unbeatable, the rest of the year LCW trumps him simply by participating in many events, putting himself out there. I find it odd that no one seems to respect that - LCW is actually doing much for the sport by appearing in so many events, something he doesn't have to do, and which is getting harder and harder for him as he gets older.
    LD, on the other hand, is concentrating on the few events that catch his interest, and plays just enough to get a sufficient ranking. Otherwise, he seems more concerned with himself, getting a lucrative sponsorship etc., and personally I don't see him doing anything for the sport that doesn't coincide with his own interests. While I do not criticize him for that, I believe LCW should be afforded some respect for what he does.

8. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

Are you guys serious asking LCW to retire?

The guy is well established in the top 3 players in the world.
    Hes among the rare players that can produce amazing games to watch.
    Win-lose (most often lose...) he always tries and never bore the crap out of spectators.

Lets just hope he stays as long as possible and continue to give us exitment for years to come. LHI just proved that at 34, u can still deliver the goods.

As for ppl asking for a new coach n new style of play... LCW changed his style dramatically after the 2008 Olympics and it has benefitted him and made his winning record much better. But at 32 u want him to swtich style? to what?

LCW's attacks can easily penetrate all players except for LD and CL and I personally believe that hes no longer fit enough to maintain it over 3 sets. LCW has crashed out too often now in 3rd sets to scare people with his fitness.

Lets all just hope he gets smart and plays less tournaments like LD to prolong his career. If Malaysia cant bring up another decent player, well it's not your problem. If he is indeed playing all those tournaments by choice to stack up his record SS wins... nobody counts those other than Gill Clark.

9. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

:D:D:D
    abcd

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If I'm not wrong LCW gets paid for being WR#1 week after week apart from all the prize money winning the many SS/PSS. And being WR1 is the only thing left for him that is over and above his two nemeses - the question is for how long more as I've just read that Lin Dan at the CCTV interview has hinted he'd like to regain the World No.1 spot.

Personally, I'm all for LCW carrying on until Ro for then we will the luxury of having all three maestros to continue giving us wonderful badminton (yeah, spoilt for choice, why not). Actually, I also think it'll benefit Chen Long the most in the long run, positively speaking, to compete against the two old trusty warriors who are very much still on top of their games as it should help Chen Long's development and bring out the very best in him to fully realize his utmost potential. And when the two most formidable foes finally retire in a couple of years' time, Chen Long would probably take on the mantle of leadership and become the true world no. 1 in his own right.

As to whether LCW can ever win a major title, without doubt it's getting tougher for him as there are now not one but two stumbling blocks in Lin Dan and Chen Long, not to mention the others who could trouble him once in a blue moon. You know, LYB actually thought LCW can still win a major before he retires and added that he hoped so for his friend, words of courtesy of doubt, but as long as LCW never gives up, there is always an outside chance (due to unforeseen circumstances perhaps), otherwise it's game over for him,end of story.

11. losima

losima Regular Member

the longer wei wei plays, the less time we get to spend together. besides, age is catching up and his career record will be spoilt if starts losing to 2nd class players.

12. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Losing some games, asked to retire, what a sport and supporters....

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

yes this sports and its fans are really amazing.... in fact, all players other than LD should follow LCW to retire coz they just like (or even worse than) LCW, could not beat LD in all major events!!!

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    He should. He is on the decline. Do it while still at the top, with some dignity left.
    Perhaps he wants to but the national association is preventing him from doing so.
    Perhaps he is still under sponsorship.

15. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    losima... wei wei should not spend too much time with you... he should be resting, u making him work too hard

16. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    i believe its mental block...the moment he sees LD he is totally paralysed...hee hee...

-

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Lindan is
    1) More skillful, mentally strong and knows how to handle lcw well.
    2) slightly younger with confidence in stamina pound for pound.
    3) plays less tournament
    4) less of a bed activities
    5) no kids to take care of.
    6) Use more of non stiff rackets. ;)
    7) left hand advantage.

All these adds up. ;) Hope this helps.

18. guy3288

guy3288 Regular Member

executive
    much as i like LCW to beat LD and CL, but he almost always failed in that. Not just once , twice. It is repeatedly at major events. This is indeed making it harder and harder to win the golds that he had wanted so much. It is torturing you know. if not for himself, it is for all of us too. Really no luck guy, i could not beleive it!!!!!!! having such a mental block everytime facing LD and now plus CL pulak........

19. guy3288

guy3288 Regular Member

executive
    LD is really cruel in denying LCW so many times at crucial moments. WHat kind of a fren is he, never give chance/face and showing off, it is insulting. It hurts to see his reactions as though saying nah i am the real number 1, so what you are World number 1 always lose to me and adhoc player.......i beh tahan . i want to cry for LCW so sueh one everytime.........

20. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

rofl. When LD was still world number he kept losing to Taufik. It's not too different from what's happening to LCW now.

FYI, remember on some point it was somewhere around 16-20 for LD in the first set and was it 12-21 in the 2nd set? Well seeing that gap in the first set it's safe to say that LCW was to take the first set(tho he didn't). So basically if he did LCW would have won gold in just 2 straight sets since the 2nd set was even close in LD's favor. If LD really had that extra extra gear up at will, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't just leave it at 12-21.

It could have been anyone's game in the first set but based from 80% of the game time in the first set that led to 16-20, we can all agree that LCW was more deserving for the game point. And for the 2nd set it was obviously one sided in LCWs favor.

So yeah win some lose some, it was a close fight and LD had that extra luck on his side to snatch 1st set from Lee.