Why doesn't Denmark SS use same production as WC?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2014' started by galaxyduo, Aug 31, 2014.

1. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

In terms of production, this has been one of the best WC and overall badminton tournaments I have ever seen from TV (I have not physically been at the stadium so I cannot comment from that perspective).

The lighting is perfect, I like how the audience area is darkened with some neon lights at the back probably to allow spectators to find their way but so as not to distract the players during a match. I also like how the digital TV/banner is lowered onto a court to hype up the match before it starts.

I don't recall them using this at the Denmark SS before so why put it to waste? They should use the same production setup for Denmark SS that they did here. And maybe make the Denmark SS the same level as All England. It would be a shame if they throw away all the work they did for this WC - I would love to see this same production setup at future Denmark SS.

I'm going to say the production of this looks better than even the All England and even better than the 2011 WC in London (and the 2011 WC had an awesome production already).

#1 galaxyduo, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    How about comparing to 2001 World Championships in Spain?

3. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

i can't see markis/markus vs liu/qiu match. why is it one of the best?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I don't see a difference other than soms vip tables and it being played in a completely different arena and city?Oh yeah, the banner/screen? Have only pics so far; it might just be a new permanent addition or a once off, bigger WC budget prop. Will pay attention next match (in case you meant something else).

#4 demolidor, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

Agree. Very well produced.

And excellent video production too! With super slow mo low and high side angles at the breaks and after important rallies. Have a look at the MD final, I've never seen so much rackets being bent and facial contortions in super slow mo before.

Someone should put those clips together so that we have a repository for technique analysis and learning.

#5 visor, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  6. lippro

lippro Regular Member

Agreed, the production quality was near perfect. However i still find London 2011 WC better in terms of camera angle and especially those real time zoom-in during the rallies.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

London has the best (low) camera angles, whereas other stadiums tend to shoot from too high up simply due to logistics of camera placement.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Most of the seats were empty. I could watch the empty seats in the live telecast. May be that could be the reason why lights had been cut in the audience area.?

#8 scorpion1, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  9. visor

visor Regular Member

I think everyone was waiting for the MS final, after that most just left, so XD (CHN vs CHN) had very few spectators.

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I dont blame anything.. badminton still need to grow up in people' mind. They have done excellent job of conducting nicely and perfectly. Still, I wonder why people doesn't wanna erase soccer or cricket or whatever from their mind and think of some other exciting sports.. crazy people.

11. phili

phili Regular Member

Denmark SS isn't played in the same venue.