Who's happy, who's not? Historical view

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by 2cents, Oct 15, 2006.

1. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    Therefore,i conclude that SuperDan is the happiest guy in the year of 2006!!
    great winning records!!congratulations!!

2. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    and XXF is the happiest girl :D

3. tubby

tubby Regular Member

I take nothing away from LD as I think he is the best player in the world at the moment, but as far as mental strength goes he definatley had a wobble in the final of the WC06. He started off playing like he did aganst TH in 05. If BCL had been more on top of his game he could have completely demoralised him in the same way that TH did in 05. LD did obviously recover, but I wonder if he had been playing PG, TH, CH or LCW in the final if he would have been given the oportunity to come back.

Now because LD came through that experience I think it will make him even tougher, but I will watch him closely in major finals now to see if he does it again.

I am looking forward to the Olympics!

4. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

TH should be immensely happy. just have to work on a few things - mentally. the unhappiest should be BCL for meeting such a hot player in the first round.

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Many players had difficult time when playing in big tournaments. The points is LD had tough mental by winning the second match and win easily in third set. That does not happen once in WC but twice ncluding SF match against CH.

And he proved his mental tougness again in JO final when he lost in first set against TH and almost lost the second set but he tighten his game, winning second set and pratically win very easy in third set.

Only few players had that kind of tough mental.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't think so. It seems to me LD is kind of in control in the 1st game against BCL and just accidentally messed up with the last few points when he accelerate to finish the game. He himself said he didn't expect to lose the 1st game to BCL.