Who will dominate in 2005???

Discussion in '2005 Tournaments' started by the_way, Dec 30, 2004.

1. economet

economet Regular Member

Sure, there were several injuries. But the injury which caused the current problem was "hernia" (a ruptured gut) why she was operated on twice (herniotomy).
    Recently she felt badly and had a check-up. In the check-up a contrast medium was used which troubled her so much that she nearly collapsed.

2. meeya

meeya Regular Member

wow, you're really current with badminton news! :) i guess we won't be seeing her for a while if at all :(

3. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

Who Is Gonna Win The World Championship 2005 title??

Hi Guys.. year 2005 have began!!! lets just predict who is gonna win for the worldchampionship 2005!

my prediction is:
    MS: Lin Dan
    MD: Alven/Luluk
    WS:Zhang Ning
    WD:ZhangJieWen/Yang Wei
    XD:Not very sure

and guys...after you tell your prediction, tell your reason also why do you think that player will win.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ok. you start first.

5. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    oookayy, but i guess its still too early to predict the winner, but ok,at least so far :
    ms : lin dan, maybe taufik hidayat if he's fully inspired--- easy. lin dan is the most consistent, most confident, most possible and all, i guess he already won many tourneys and he wants to make it complete by winning this wc, or taufik becos he said he was aiming this and he always back to his best when it comes to biggy like this, and maybe he wants to win 7* tournaments two years in a row
    md : candra/sigit, luluk/alvent, cai/fu, chew/choong --- maybe c/s want to pay their revenge of last wc, and luluk/alven seem in a very good form, and so do cai/fu and chew/choong
    ws : zhang ning, xie xingfang --- zhang ning seems to be the best today, while xie seems to improve a lot in 2004
    wd : yang/zhang, gao/huang -- both pairs are great and they are the pairs who rule the wd world right now, and not many pairs can beat them
    xd : gao/zhang, nova/lilyana --- well, i guess z/g seems to be the pair every pairs fear of, and they certainly prove it, and n/l seems strong too

#45 aiyuuw, Jan 7, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  6. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    WS: MIA probably will reach the finals against Zhang Ning or Xie.(Though I am not quite sure about Mia coz we'll see if she is able retain that form of hers...)

MS: Taufiq & Lin Dan in the finals.

Mxd: Nathan & Gail vs Gao ling and chen

7. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Ms : Lin Dan , he's really strong, when he is at his best he's unbeatable and i think he won't let this chance of winning this WC and put his name in gold letters in badminton history =p
    Ws : Xie Xingfang, Zhou Mi or Mia Audina , xingfang has improved a lot, she seems really strong, but the form that mia showed us a the OG is i think at a better level ... and about zhou mi she never won a big tournamen like her compatriots, zhang ning, gong ruina, gong zichao an ye zhaoying and i'm sure she will want to repare that.
    Md : i saw in the forum that kim dong moon and ha tae kwon will continue to play , for me they are favourite if they play if not, i think candra and sigit will have a good chance.
    Wd : Yang/zhang they are my favourite pair since a long time and after what happened in birmingham in 2003, they'll go in L.A very confident.
    Mxd : Even if sometimes they are not at the top, i think without kim and ra, they are the better mxd pair in the world now i'm talking of course about zhang and gao.

8. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

A little early to predict now. Perhaps after Japan Open.
    There may be some changes here and there over the next 3 or 4 months.

China may end up having 5 players in top 8 and Lin Dan may miss the WC ticket if he ended up being ranked behind Chen Hong, Bao CL, Xia Xuanze and Chen Jin/Gong Weijie. :p

Malaysia will have Li Mao to coach the MS players. Other than Lee CW, we are not sure who else will qualify along. Wong CH, Hafiz, Kuan BH, Roslin or even Lee TS, we never know?

For Indonesia, who knows... Taufik may restrained his past sour relationship with PBSI? Simon Santoso may just rise to the occasion in AE 2005?

It's just my opinion that we may get far clearer picture 3 months later.
    And Kwun may decide to throw another "Guess the 2005 world champions" contest for us by then. :D

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    That's cheating ... you're just picking all the World No. 1's. It's too early to tell yet. Let's wait till we see a few tournaments first.

10. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    why would you consider that cheating? :confused:

anyway here's mine (wild guesses)

MS: Kenneth Johansen
    MD: Eriksen / Lundgard
    WS: Zhou Mi
    WD: errrrrrrrrrrr?
    XD: Koo Kien Kiat / Wong Pei Ty???????????

jug

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i failed to see how the answer of this question would be different than the answer to an existing thread: who will dominate in 2005. so i have merged the two threads.

12. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

Agree. Lets start the world champion prediction after Japan Open :)

13. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I'm just goign to predict for MS because I only watch MS.

I think Lin Dan is still goign to dominate the circuit and win the majority of tournament. He is the most consistent player around. Gade seems to be impressive from copenhagen master and he will probably be a tough contender for Lin Dan. On the other hand there is Taufik who just stole Olympic and Indo open from Lin Dan.

The only things I'm scared for Taufik is his lack of consistency and Bao CL. I was hoping Taufik to win VS Bao in China open but he lost it in tight rubber set. I heard he had an injury during the game but he still lost.

If I only had a choice to make I would choose the safest choice on paper and choose Lin Dan. But like other said there are players rising and others slowing down. LCW is sure a top class player and he will sure make a big impact in 2005. If taufik plays like he played in Indo open he will win 2005 WC.

14. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    If we focus to WC2005, then these are my opinions :

MS: The possible winner are Lin Dan and Peter.
    Why ?
    Lin Dan is a super talent player and can play the best badminton. He plays -most- very good high level badminton when he plays against top players, but sometimes he can play nonchalance and lost easily to sub-top player.
    Peter Gade is now 28, maybe this year is his last chance to be a world champion. So in my opinion, he will be a super-motived player and figth for the title. Just a few players can beat him : Lin Dan (1-5), Bao (1-2) and Wong CH (1-4, the last five matches).

WS: The possible winner are Zhang Ning and Xie Xing Feng.
    Dark horses : Mia Audina and Zhou Mi
    Why ?
    Zhang Ning is this year 30, she stands at the end of her career. She has all the titles which every player dreams on: OG, WC, KO, SO, HO, Sudirman and Uber. For the last time -I think- she will do her best to get her second world title and to join Han Ai Ping in 85-87 and Li Ling Wei in 83-89.
    She will try hard to defence her title.
    Xie Xing Feng, she is already mature and ready to take over the duty from Zhang Ning and Gong Rui Na. Four titles in 2004: DO, GO, CO and IO, plus Uber. Still young and has a better achievement than Zhou Mi.

I place Mia and Zhou as dark horses, because of their performances lately.
    Zhou got nothing in 2004. And always be in the shadow of Zhang and Gong. Mia in the other hand performs better than Zhou. Finalist in OG champion in JO and European title. If Mia can play her best and always consistance, she will be a big challenger for Zhang and Xie.

MD: The possible winner are : 'Hard to say'
    Actually I have 4 favourite pairs: Luluk Hadiyanto/Alven Yulianto, Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto, Jonas Rasmussen/Lars Paaske and Cai Yun/Fu Hai Feng.
    Why ?
    Luluk/Alven, they are mature already and I can say that they are already take the duty over from Candra/Sigit and Eng/Flendi. They performance climb and still climbing. 4 titles and 2 finals in 2004 are not nothing. Somebody -in this forum- said that they are the best attach pair.
    Candra/Sigit, they have already had a very good career, especially Candra. He has OG and WC two of the prestigious. Both of them are 30. Same as Zhang Ning, this year is -maybe- their last year of their career. So, I think they will be a super-motived pair and figth for their 'last title', and show the world that they are the best.
    Jonas/Lars, the defender champion. It may be hard for them to defence their throne. But according to me, they are the best Dennis double ever. They play a very good attach pair with Asia style. They will try 'what does it costs' to defence their title.
    Cai/Fu, 2004 is not a good year for them. In the beginning, they are considered as a new Li/Tian. They play a fast rhythm. Good attach and good defend. But they still one of the best pairs. In their peak, one other pair can stop them.

WD: I have no better favourite than Yang Wei/Zhang Jie Wen.
    Why ?
    If there is a pair who can stop them, it should be Wei Yi Li/Zhao Ting Ting or Gao Ling/Huang Sui.
    With their sublime performence in 2004, I don't see other pairs can challenge them.

XD: In my eyes, I see 3 pairs. They are: Zhang Jun/Gao Ling, Nova Widianto/Lelyana Natsir -if they still play together- and Jens Eriksen/Mette Schjoldager.
    Dark horses : Kim Yong Hyun/Lee Hyo Jung, Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms, Chen Qi Qiu/Zhao Ting Ting and Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam.
    Why ?
    Zhang/Gao, they are my top favourite. I like to see the macho's style from Zhang (he punch the air when get point, and his face .....) and tha smiling face from Gao when she make a mistake. I am not necessary to name their performance. You know already.
    Widianto/Natsir, this new Indonesian pair has done very good. First tournament since they are partnered, they went to semi final in CO -they beat Zhang/Goa in QF- then got they first title in SO, lost to Zhang/Goa in QF in IO. A very good performence for the young pair. Their future seems wide open. My concern is : Shall PBSI still stick them together when Vita Marissa recover ?
    Eriksen/Schjoldager, The second seeds in the IBF's list. Copenhagen Master is their last title in 2004. They win CO after beating Widianto/Natsir in semi and Chen/Zhao in final. It seems that they have improved their skill and tactics.

Kim/Lee. From the three dark horses, they have a best performance: three times finalist in 2004. Since Kim/Ra retired, they are now number one XD in Korea. They still have to learn more experience to replace Kim/Ra. But they are climbing to the top. Maybe 2005 is the year for them to break-throught and get their peak in WC-2005.
    Robertson/Emms, they played a very good match in OG final, but the rest......??? Even they are the first seeds in the IBF's list, I doubt over their performance.
    Chen/Zhao, up and down is the right words for them. Last good performance was in CO, lost to Eriksen/Schjoldager in final.
    Prapakamol/Thungthongkam, the best XD ever from Thailand. They are the SEA Games champion in 2003 and have to defence it this year.

These are all my opinion, ofcouse I can also be wrong.

15. LarssoN*

LarssoN* Regular Member

Student
    Danish players

I saw Peter Gade played in Copenhagen in December and I think he played some real good badminton. He will win a couple of big titles this year. I think he will take the WC.

In mixed Jens/Mette will dominate, they showed their qaulity at both China Open and Master.

In mensdouble, you can't underrest the danish pairs Lars/Jonas and Jens/Martin both pairs are very good. Good to hear that Jens will continue to play after World Championship
    It will be a good year for danish badminton :)

16. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    yea, me too expected sumthin big from pg, i see that last year wasnt really wat people call 'incredible' for him, but lets just see wat he has for us this year
    winning wc? mmm, my pick is still lin dan tho

17. badplayer

badplayer Regular Member

just saw copenhagen open....sang/zheng seems impressive....promising MD team for 2005? yes,china's MD usually their weakest point

18. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

If u ask me the answer is this-NO ONE WILL DOMINATE IN 2005:D .simply because in almost every category especially the MS there are around 10 players who can take the title.So it's simple, nobody as such can throw his weight on others for the entire year.anyways it seems pullela gopichand is making a comeback.could he be the suprise package??well i just hope so:)

#58 DaN_fAn, Jan 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  19. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Man, if Peter Gade plays like how he did during the second set of 2000 Sydney Olympics he'd be unstoppable. He was awesome back then with such speed, power, and accuracy. Too bad he was injured and had to undergo some knee operations.

Actually, I am still kind of impressed that after some injuries and operations he still maintain the form that he has right now. I don't think many other players can do the same.

20. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    hey, really hope to see peter win some titles ler.....especially the WC, cannot end up like morten frost....