who will attend MAS open 2010?

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by limsy, Dec 22, 2009.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    They all studied in advance.:)

2. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

I took leave from work. Needed the rest anyway.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u will be more tired than when u are working:D

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee

Lucky you. I can't "cabut"

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Looking at today's schedule, there are like about 1000 matches starting from 9am till 10pm. Anyone here really have the stamina to watch all the matches?

6. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

1000!!!
    You must mean 100 :confused:
    And it's actually 80 matches. :D

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Actually..

..if one is a baddy maniac, sure, one could do that (yes, there's 1 dear BC member who's following the MO;)). Heck, even if the matches go on til 12 or 1 am, i'm sure their mind will overrule how tired their body is.
    Maybe it's not just a matter of stamina, but time? Who here really has the time to sit there & watch all the matches non-stop?..:p
    I just hope they won't get burned out though..:p

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    it require alot of stamina provided the one who watch the whole 80 matches:(
    last year
    1st round ends at 11++pm nearly 12 if i am correct
    but its ok to me
    as long as it is excited:D

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Which match are you most looking forward to today limsy ? Or is there to much choice ?:p
    It's going to be a long day for you today !

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if i can choose
    then i prefer to watch each and every match.
    one at one times
    better
    four court let me dying as if there is 4 md on court
    then u head need to turn here and there:crying:
    then u might miss some great rally:(

11. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

aiya i saw you lindantrucool, coz of your KKK shirt but standing at the top
    of the L6 premium....:D:D

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My little badminton adventure today ...

Cant really sleep, woke up at about 3am today.
    Watched MU vs MC live on tv, very happy with the score indeed.
    After morning prayers, breakfast and completing a conference call ... I decided what the hell ... put on my Boleh hat and headed out for some MO badminton action! Picked up a friend at 11.30am (lucky devil is done for the day by 10.30am - thats life as a Malaysian Super League footballer) and went straight to Bukit Jalil.

As I drove into the stadium open carpark, I must say I am disgusted to see the condition of the carpark and the surrounding areas. There were potholes at the entrance to the carpark, and parking is haphazard. The stadium management should put up clear and visible parking boxes, signages and improve the lighting as well. I must say the stadium from the outside looks like it is deteriorting. Very sad indeed.

When we were at the ticket counter to get our tickets, I almost lost my cool with the ticket attendant who was lackadaisical and rude. Before I paid RM50 for 2 tickets, my friend and I made sure we put that uneducated mong in his place. I must say we made a pretty grand entrance.

When we were in the stadium, I got more disgusted with the facilities. The toilets (male ... didnt check the female toilet for obvious reasons) were poorly maintained. I really dont know what happened to our M&R or do we just only know how to build em big but dont bother about the maintenance part. The whole stadium looks like it is in real need of a decent paint over.

Looking at the state of our stadium, facilities and that idiot at the ticket counter, we are indeed a 3rd world country. No wonder LD is staying away. Seriously, I have played football at the Shah Alam stadium before and it is equally poor there as well.

As we walked past the Phiten booth and come across a makeshift cafeteria, I think I saw limsy hustling that tall Thai XD shuttler, Songphon for a photo/autograph when Songphon was trying to buy something to eat. Anyway, limsy was in his element ... white t shirt, with a vest (gray), some technical looking camera. Wanted to say hello but decided against it ... dont want em' Boleh hordes to set upon me like a bunch of hyenas ... scratching, tearing, screaming and foaming at the mouth and all.

Ok as for that cafeteria, come on la its a joke la. The set up is poor and food quality questionable. I mean we are hosting an international tournament, not some inter school tourney.

When we got to our seats ... again ... the seats (red) were all poorly maintained. Depressing la.

We sat down for some Boleh badminton action. There were 4 courts. Anita Raj was playing some German girl ... I watched the beating first hand. This is what will happen when we send out below average shuttlers to compete.

Got bored ... we went back out to the cafeteria for some lunch. Some young malay guys recognised my friend and approached us for some chit chat. Then I saw limsy again! This time hustling JW/GW at the cafeteria for the usual pics and whatnots. I think limsy had an assistant of sorts tagging along, a malay girl in tudong :). While we were eating Iskandar walked past and acknowledged us (probably maybe he too recognised my friend and thought I was some pro footballer as well).

Went back in for PSH vs DPY, BP vs CL ... HH vs HYH action. I enjoyed the PSH vs DPY & BP vs CL matches. Didnt pay any attention to HH cos I knew he wont last the pace. True enough the man was bundled out. Looks like our TC squad gonna be looking solid with HH.

After the MS, it was WD time. By then I wanted to leave because I was starting to get bored plus my friend have a gym session later in the evening. Was about to get up from my seat until I saw our MAS WD pair SC/YLL playing against a pair from Indonesia. Decided to stay and watch this match since I always hear Boleh folks going on and on about our juniors/youngsters. Anyway, the match was a total disaster. Our pair had no answers and were clueless on court, especially YLL. Its like they frozed. Honestly, nothing personal here our girls dont even come close to being State level. They were more like schoolgirl level. Watching them was painful. 21-11, 21-3.

We left immediately after the match.

Conclusion, for those staying the whole day, I salute your stamina. We need to really improve our facilities if we are really serious to make the MO prestigious. How come there are no hot babes watching badminton???:(

Lastly on the way to the car, we saw HH going home as well :D

13. danielwong

Salesman

bro, i am there as well, too bad cant catch up with you :D:D

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

You all dont need to work one ah....??? :D:D

15. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

maybe they are the boss(es) :D

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Bro..

..i think you came @ the wrong time & day. The hot babes probably won't come til the QF or SF or Finals day. Can't wait til limsy reads this and see his reaction. Will he be disappointed you didn't say hi to him or will he breathe a sigh of relief..???..;)

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Hemmmm,...very true...! ;)

18. danielwong

Salesman

if you read my earlier post, i am on "once a while" mode
    :D:D
    now back to office...:D:D

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

when are u coming down?

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Met quite a few bcers there yesterday.

namely, Daniel@ chongwei:D, Manveen and a few more.

manage to met up with rapheal too who was busy snapping photos here and there in the stadium;)