WHo do you support in AG2006?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by indra, Nov 12, 2006.

1. arice_MAS

arice_MAS Regular Member

student
    who know malaysia win all the gold n make a big suprise n who know if indo n china will lose...

2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    If you take the time to watch the WC 06 match between LCW and BCL(a few times), you will realize that BCL should be really glad that LCW made a lot of unforced errors in the 1st and 3rd set... and even though BCL won the game, but most of the time, he was not in complete control or it was the other way around. I like watching BCL's style of play as well, but the fact is that his style of play does not give him any advantage when he is up against the likes of LCW. Interesting thing is during the 1st set at LCW 18: Bao 12... if you don't count the two serving errors of Bao's, he actually took 10 points in a row to beat LCW at 22:20...:eek: but I know we can't count like that.:p

Just noticed that during the game, every time Bao built some momentum(2 points + ahead), LCW would call for a break... either for sweat on the court or even medical attention(which he threw away the bandage the next moment) to break Bao's momentum. The next thing you know is that LCW would take the next 4-6 points right after the break.. and LCW fans used to say that he doesn't play any tricks in matches... yeah right...:p

Bao deserves credit for winning that match on that day, but if he wants to win consistently against LCW, he is going to need a lot of work and training to do so.:D Just maybe instead of training with LD alot, try training with Chen Hong instead.:D

3. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I'll support malaysia though our chances of getting gold this time is very slim....only got a chance in MS....and it all depends on LCW....maybe we can win in mens team event...

4. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner

I would never call these "predictions".. it's more like "Pick your favorite player, pair, and country".

No facts from the past, and nothing from the present to back up those claims but based on total favoritism.:rolleyes:

Facts from the recent tournament results:

Thomas cup: CHN 3:0 IND
    LD 2:0 TH... (TC 06, JO 06) and nobody beside LCW and PG had won a match against LD this year(outside of the China national team):p

As far as MD and XD are concerned, the facts do support your ideals but not quite as convincing as the facts that support LD will win Men singles as LD's record for this year is most dominating in recent history.

Then someone will say "but you can't tell the future from the past".. if that's the case, I hope nobody argues with me if I say " the winner of MS in this year Asian game will be NG Wei from Hong kong, because of the reason that I am from Hong Kong, even though he has not won a tournament this year":rolleyes:

5. purpledoi

purpledoi Regular Member

Student
    Go Msia LoL!
    Hope theres lots of excitement!

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hey every player does that during the game, when yr opponent racing some points ahead, its normal to call for a break in order to break opponents momentum. "Strategy" will be a better word.
    But complaining yr opponents to the referee, refusing opponent's request on changing of shuttles, etc. is really considered some "bad tricks" and displays bad sportsmanship. Well, these is the ones some chinese players oftenly does..... :rolleyes:

#46 zqloy, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  7. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    So a "trick" done by every player is called a "strategy"... where as a trick done by a few players is called "bad tricks"...:confused::rolleyes: Honestly, anything that is not related to a racket hitting a shuttle which causes frustration, loss of concentration(and or momentum) to your opponent is "a bad trick" no matter how you try to cover it with nice "words".:p

In the game of BCL vs LCW in wc 06, at the point leading to LCW 19:18 Bao in the first game, LCW mis-judge Bao's lift to the back court and asked for a shuttle change(the shuttle had hardly been used)... I highly doubt a lift can really damage a shuttle, so Bao refused and the Umpire refused the shuttle change... Now who is playing tricks here???:rolleyes:

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

BananaBoy, you know this kind of argument is never ending.....the truth is everyone is biased. And we will all continue to be like this no matter what anyone says, right or wrong.

And I, am a typical one-eyed person and LCW WILL WIN ! I love it

9. kemana

kemana Regular Member

th for ms, sudket/saralee for xd

10. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

im sick of the china team. I support Team Taiwan, Indonesia and Malaysia

11. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    same story here.....sick of china team winning every time....not sick in a way of hating the players....just sick as in getting real real real bored of it....it's boring to see lin dan winning in every tournament....china women dominating world women's badminton....it's almost the same results everytime i watch tv....its the same chinese WD pairs and the same WS players playing each other in the finals.....well...just have to live with the fact that it's happening

#51 **KZ**, Nov 15, 2006
  12. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Sounds like the fans already beg for mercy...:p

Don't blame China for dominating the international badminton scene... It's just that other country aren't strong enough as a "unit" to compete with China.

4 years ago... Lin Dan's nick-name was "first round Dan" then 2 years later he became " super Dan".

3 years ago... Cai/Fu was ranked at world #10 and was considered only an average pair... this year they won world championship.

What about the other players from other asian countries? Besides LCW and kido/Setiwan, Candra/Tony... who else has been significantly performing in the scene? By that, I mean winning titles and not just being running-ups and semi-finalist... like nobody else.:confused:

Indonesia and Malaysia should be able to produce more top class players as they do have some of the best Mens singles and doubles players today... Just how can you not reach top class when you can possibly train with partners like LCW, TH, Kido/Setiwan... well back then there were Sigit/Candra... Gosh... Even I can get better if I have a chance to train with them day in and day out.:D If you look at China's Mens doubles, Cai/Fu basically has no top team to train with... unless LYB comes in and play them...LOL:p Chen Jin gets better so quickly as he has good players to train with everyday... then you look at guys like Hafiz and Simon.S, they just remain at the same level... sad.:(

On the women's side... there is just nobody that can come close to the level of ZN, XXF, and China's womens doubles pairs... until one day some highly talented players are developed properly in other coutries, China will always dominate the women's side.

#52 bananaboy, Nov 15, 2006
  13. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

you should remember wang yihan who defeated them both this year...:D
    she still a junior..lol

14. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

U cant get my point do u? Whatever u wanna call it, "tricks" or "strategy" like askin for a towel break is normal to be used in a player's game. But refusing changing of shuttles and camplaining yr opponents to umpire is shows much DISRESPECT. When yr opponents nvr refuse yr change of shuttle, why should u refuse them? And did u forget to mention when Bao complain Lee to the umpire, is that really neccessary? These things i nvr see other teams did the same thing, Indons? No. Koreans? No. Malaysians? No. Well, the so called "Great Wall of China" is the one who is SO calculative, how irony hah?

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Refusing shuttle change is a sign of insecurity. I believe CHN holds the patent for that. Was LD the one who roll out this immature behaviour? I don't remember CY or CH ever refusing shuttle change. It's a bit sad for Bao to show disrespect for his opponent. You see, Bao was in supreme form and would have beaten LCW (who was not in top form) anyway. But because of his behaviour, Bao's win comes across as less credible or with little honour. That's also why LD 's titles are less than credible. I don't think LYB understands the importance of winning with honour and credibility.

16. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yup except the older players like CH and CY. If they win, win it fair and square. There is no need to be so extremely calculative over yr opponents, give some respect! Thats is why CH is the only chinese player that i truly respect now, he win with class.

17. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Chen Jin is another one, he stays cool after losing a match, it is enough to make someone give you some respect... That's why Lin Dan was never in the Eddy Choong Player of the Year Award all these years

18. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    Of course BAO CHUNLAI~~~~~~~~
    bao cl is the no.1 person that i support
    then i also support players from my country:
    nova/lilyana go go go
    candra/tony (will they play together?)

Go BAO n Go Ina

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

No Candra/Tony!!!

But, there's always Kido/Hendra to support :D

20. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Sad

Refusing to change shuttle is the new trend now especially for Team China, I have seen it spread to almost every event and even other countries are starting to follow which makes viewing less enjoyable when both sides started to apply to the same trategy. IBF just have to step in and come out with solution.
    Everyone plays like gentleman/gentlewoman when they are leading, trailing is totally different story.