Which racket to choose?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Tan Jian Wei, Aug 7, 2000.

1. Tan Jian Wei

Tan Jian Wei Guest

<html>I always give advice to my friends for which rackets to buy. Now, its my turn. I narrowed my search down to Carbonex 21, 20 Special (Modus Graphite model), 20 Power(S$30 more expensive than the usual 20 model). But after another trip, i saw those Aerotus 110 (huge power!) and IS0 600 Power really made my doubt whether to continue buying carbonex models? I need a racket with high power and with a light feel for powerful backhands. Any suggestion within these price range of all those rackets suggested. Please help. thanks!
    </html>

2. Chong

Chong Guest

<html>I just bought an Aerotus 110 but I've been reading (in the product review section) that it has tended to fail at the head after a while. I will hopefully get to test my new racket out in a few days but seems like everybody loves it. I bought it because it felt pretty nice and had a discount too. So far, it feels slightly bottom heavy... the court tells all though.
    </html>

3. Kane

Kane Guest

<html>: I always give advice to my friends for which rackets to buy. Now, its my turn. I narrowed my search down to Carbonex 21, 20 Special (Modus Graphite model), 20 Power(S$30 more expensive than the usual 20 model). But after another trip, i saw those Aerotus 110 (huge power!) and IS0 600 Power really made my doubt whether to continue buying carbonex models? I need a racket with high power and with a light feel for powerful backhands. Any suggestion within these price range of all those rackets suggested. Please help. thanks!<p><br>Hi, Jian,<p>I still think, given the choice, you should go with Cab 21 (Special or SP) The Special should be more durable ( with thicker shaft and all) and the SP should be light and pretty fast, though I have seen someone break it....not pretty. <br>Cab 20, IMO is a bit out of date. By the way, I could be pretty biased :) <br>Aerotus 110 is another good choice, though my friend broke his Aerotus pretty quickly..... I'd be wary of that.<br>
    </html>

4. Jian Wei

Jian Wei Guest

<html>Hmm, the Aerotus is bottom heavy? That means the shaft could snap if the downward force is too big. I still think Aerotus 110 is a great one and so are the other aerotus, even the 33! I seen a pro taking masking tape to tape up his racket in the joint part, maybe this helps?
    </html>

5. Jian Wei

Jian Wei Guest

<html>Yes, the news about all those broken aerotus is real, i seen it myself, i should be pretty safe as i only broken 2 before (Pro kennex sux :) ) You are right, i should choose those 21s,(although their paint job's not as cool). There are two, the Carbonex 21 SP with the BG 80 - S$99 (Graphite but looks newer) and the carbonex 21 special with a white stringing ( i think is BG-65 but with H.M. Graphite) that cost $89 (!!?). The problem now is that when i buy the more inferior version (SP) is can save up the string bucks but if i buy the special version, i have to buy up to $120 to cahnge to BG 80 or 85.<br>
    </html>

6. babluwahab

babluwahab Regular Member

waiter
    what is the differance between karakal SL70 and karakal M-TEC70 which is better [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:70g [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Material[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:90% Nano Graphite/10% Titanium [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Length[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:Standard [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flex,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:Medium Stiff [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Construction.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:2 Piece Construction [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Head Shape.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:Isometric[/FONT]
    or the SL70 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:70g [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Material[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:95% Nano Graphite/5% Magnesium [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Length[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:Standard [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flex,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:Stiff [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Construction.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:2 Piece Construction [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Head Shape.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:Classic[/FONT]

#6 babluwahab, Aug 8, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007