Which racket should I get?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by hmnathan, Nov 18, 2013.

1. hmnathan

hmnathan New Member

Hi guys, my budget is around £90. I currently have an Armortec 70 mg2 but am looking for an upgrade as money is burning a whole in my pocket. I can't say I prefer head heavy rackets as I have never really properly given head light a go yet. I do like to smash a fair amount and to play aggressively however when I've tried lighter/head light rackets briefly from a friend I have liked the extra defense capabilities a lighter racket has.

Has anyone had any experience with the Victor Light Force 7400? This racket seems like it could be really good but not many people seem to use it so idk if it's a good idea. If I didn't get that I was looking at either a Nanoray 300 or a Voltric 9.

Any suggestions?

2. hmnathan

hmnathan New Member

Light Fighter 7400*

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

you're basically just guessing at rackets and don't even say for sure what type you want, so we can't really say anything unless you pick an awful racket. Voltric9 is not regarded as a particularly good racket btw - generally accepted as better are vt5 & vt7

4. hmnathan

hmnathan New Member

Well yeah you're right in a sense, it's not really set in stone what type of racket I want, I think I'd prefer a racket that's easier to move for quicker play than my armortec but apart from that basically just a good value racket for my price range. The Lightfighter 7400 looks like it could be nice to play with, I'm just wary as it doesn't be seem to be very popular and there are very few reviews on it.

5. amleto

amleto Regular Member

#5 amleto, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  6. hmnathan

hmnathan New Member

I know it's really light but the fact that it's still quite head heavy I thought could potentially be the best of both worlds. I get your point though, something like a voltric racket does suit my current play more.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the nanoray300 is actually a very even balance racket 3u, it's quite slow and good enough for singles but I find it hard to play doubles with.

8. hmnathan

hmnathan New Member

Thanks for your input, I think the thruster is probably a bit too much for me though. Still undecided on a racket, I'm so indecisive lol

9. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    why do you say that the lightfighter 7400 is not good for players who want to smash and play agressive? Is he right?

10. kiko_n

kiko_n Regular Member

trader
    I have a voltrix 9 and quite dissapointed with it . I recommend you consider bablolat x feel power , you go to their website at www.babolat.com

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    maybe you should stick with your choice of Lightfighter 7400 and tell us your review.