which md pair will win the 2012 olympic gold medal?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by limsy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    their age of 2010 in braket
    cai yun(30)/fu hai feng(26),cai yun will be 32 when london olympic.
    the only thing they can do is to play selective tournament in 2010 and 2011 if they wish to play as a pair in 2012 og,because china failed to produce another pair that on par with cai/fu
    personally,i think 2 times wc and a silver in og already the best they can achieve.
    is there any time left for cba to have a talented net player to replace cai yun for 2012?

markis kido(26)/hendra setiawan(26)
    they have leave pelatnas due to kido health problem,can they still remain on the top level in following years as kido cannot train normally?hendra setiawan is currently one of the best net player,i believe pbsi do need to find another one to replace kido if they want to win 2012 md og gold,but that is unlikely as hendra setiawan had choose to leave pelatnas together with kido.
    my humble opinion is,the victory of wc and og already the best they can have
    can pbsi raise another pair to kido/setiawan level before 2012 og?

jung jae sung(28)/lee yong dae(22)
    eventhough they have failed in 07+09 wc and 2008 og,they are still the best performing pair in 2009 with 4 ss titles.
    BUT,are jung jae sung good enough to keep his performance until 2012 which he will be 30 years old?
    no doubt lyd is the best double player since 2007 as he had won 14 ss titles(9 md and 5 xd) out of 17 that korea had,but is there any player to replace jung jae sung for 2012 og?

koo kien kiat(25)/tan boon heong(23)
    base on result,they are one of the 4 top md since 2007
    but beside 2006 ag and 2007 ae,they have failed to won any major which include wc and og
    they are famous for both wonderful skill and inconsistence
    are they reliable for winning 2012 og gold?

mathias boe/carsten morgensen
    not sure how old they are,but personally i think they have the best shot for winning 2012 og compare to the current top 4
    i believe they will break onto the top 4 md pair in year 2010 with their result.
    after series of injury and constantly under the shadow of current top 4 pair,
    is time for them to rise and replace one of the top 4 pair in 2010.

whats your opinion?:)

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    Olympic is another 2 years ++ to go. is not this too early to discuss? what if the above 4 pairs fail to qualify to Olympic?
    let me watch World Cup first.... ;)

3. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Usually, it all depends on the situation of the very year of 2012. It's too early to predict. But it's good try and efforts.

For the age issue, you may refer to the ages of the previous Olympic Medalists. I know some guys were not that young. Rather that, the experiences were so crucial in the biggest games.

:)

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I believe the olympic games tradition will continue that the Olympic MD winner will come from South Korea or Indonesia :)

No offense to other player from other country. Its just a past record, and its there to be broken

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77718
    this thread created at 16/11/2009;)

can kindly produce any info about the md winner age?:)

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
  7. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Right, it was given to KOR and INA in turn. The first Gold was given to PJB/KMS the legendary combination in the trial tournament at Barcelona.

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

For your research, let me give you a tip how to fiind them out:

Go wiki to check who got the medals in each Olympics. And then, on internet and/or wiki, find out the birthdays of the medalists. :)

9. event

event Regular Member

Next July, Boe turns 30 and Mogensen turns 27.

2004: Ha was 29 and Kim was about to turn 29.
    2000: Tony Gunawan was 25 and Candra was about to turn 25.
    1996: Ricky was 25 and Rexy was 28.
    1992: Kim was 28 and Park was 27.

#9 event, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 2.5 ringgit sens..

..i'd say, let's wait til next yr, 2010. Remember Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan? They didn't make hay til abt 2006 (consistently reaching QF, Semifinal Rds and Runner-ups). And from 2006, it took them, roughly, 2 yrs to win both the WC and OG Gold medals.:cool:

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I agree on this, after AG 2010 that is. Cai Yun may announce his retirement after AG 2010, so as JJS, depending on their performance. According to age, should be Cai Yun retire 1st.

Boe/Morgenson should still be around in 2012, their seniors JE/ML were still playing till 38/35(?), so, they would be Denmark 1st MD for quite a while.

KKK/TBH may or may not compete as KKK and TBH but with new partners if they do not do well in 2010.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    so no one want to made early prediction lah?:p
    okok
    yes
    and the md structure will change in 2010 and after 2010 ag,i also believe there will be some big change like retired and spliting;)
    anyway,boe/morgensen get my vote to made it big in 2010:)
    forget to add
    my 1st prediction is
    atleast 3 out of 4 top pair wont be there for 2012 og

#12 limsy, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  13. superjyfan

superjyfan Regular Member

I read from the news that JJS said he'll have to determine whether he wants to stay after AG 2010. But I thought Cai Yun said he wants to play until 2012. Where did you get the info that Cai Yun is going to retire after AG 2010? :confused:

As far as my prediction, of the top 4, JJS and LYD has the most chance if they can play until 2012...

14. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Nobody knows what will happen in the next couple of years. Actually in the last year of Olympics, the same combination of JJS/LYD was showing the top performance as winning the 2008 AE title and the following tournaments.

:)

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That's why I said CY 'may announce', it's not 100%.;) I did read somewhere in BC that Cai Yun's heart problem could be a factor, if you've noticed, Fu/Cai participate very few tourneys in 2009. As for JJS, I read the same Badzine intv too.

#15 eaglehelang, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  16. v-may

v-may Regular Member

I think we can predict the winner after ASIAN GAMES 2010.... I believe there will another new pairs come, and they will be the men double gold medalist for olympic 2012

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Whoah..

..who knew this day would come, that our limsy has become akin to Pemuda with making a prediction??..:confused::eek: ;)

18. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    I hope it's gonna be Lee Yong Dae with Jung Jae Sung in MD and Lee Yong Dae with Lee Hyo Jung in XD

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

The KBA starts to talk about the participation of the top MD duo JJS/LYD in 2012. The team will test it in the upcoming Asian Games.

20. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

yes it appears to be too early for us to talk about it...

yet teams like China has started their planning... sending out new / different players to different competitions to test out the best choices in the coming 2 years... not like other teams still mostly rely on old guys...

you could find the SSs this year would only be testing ground for Chinese players, not sending top players every time...

and next year, SSs would be their point-accumulating competitions for best OG entries..

#20 Jonc108, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010