Where to re-string in Singapore?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Nico, Dec 13, 2001.

1. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    Johnson72 : i dont agreed with you at all,it's probably no big deal for people who emphasizes more on the playing,not collecting but for the latter,OF COURSE IT MATTERS... just like ferrerkiko did,"I string my new Jetspeed racket today at smash max, before that I come to the shop and before i buy i had check no paint chip" he got a paint chip right after the stringing service by CS and he said he CHECKED,isnt it obvious enough but of course i m not putting the blame on anyone here,but just be responsible enough when you are stringing anyone's racket,might be cheap for you but most probably other people's hard earned money,what if the rackets was meant to give to someone as a present? end up making the receiver felt like getting a used item as a birthday gift? ferrerkiko shud just refer back to anyone who strung his racket ,not just CS but i hope if it's really CS,they could sort this out peacefully.... heard of SMB CS good at stringing also,hope that these thing dont happened anymore...

2. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    go on,would recommend u a stringer at my hometown who could do a perfect haribito stringing service,no twisted string while stringing,no hooks are used! i been letting them did 30-33 on every of my rackets and its still so good!

3. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    i agreed ur saying!

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro Danny: what is haribito stringing ?

5. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    Ferrer...hmm u shud go search google about this..theres 2 knots n 4 knots of haribito..meanings that it divides the tension equally n beautifully to reduce the tension on the frame at the same time maintain the playability of the string... which means..the string still maintain its character, how it shud play even though at high tension.. I have tried 2 knots(they put in the string on the whole racket , not pull it one by one) n 4 knots of bg66um both at 29lbs. 2 knots stringing style the string bed is dead hard, u can hardly hit the sound out from the string bed..need few session of playing to let the tension gone equal..while the 4 knots plays beautifully..even if I accidentally hit out of the sweet spot it still produces high pitch sound.... hope u understand..a bit hard to type it out..

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bro Danny : I usually use 0.70 mm Li ning NS 95 string ot BG 65 string, at a tension of 27-30. I currently using Jetspeed orange using BG 65 tension 27. In future , which stringer u can recommend me ?

7. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    I hv never string my rackets in sg..but u can ask carvalhosa ..he kinda knew some guy who used to string for bwf tournament for sg team... not to say mention in sg..I don even string at the place I study. .. always bring back to hometown to string...friends in sg recommend bedok s.m CS also..but now, I m pretty sure u wont go back..haha... hmm in sg I cant really help..not sure v famoys stringer there..did u try bras basah or sbh?

8. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bras Basah the li ning shop, that guy same problem brand new racket also can paint chip ... disappointed. Ya , no point !Now i also dont know go where string racket ..

9. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Fans : Anybody heard of Melvyn of MB Badminton stall at Bishan . I heard Melvyn Tan (Member of China Racquet Stringers Association). How true is it , how good is his stringing , anybody string with him before, can share your experience ?

10. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Fans : Anybody heard of Melvyn of MB Badminton stall at Bishan . I heard Melvyn Tan (Member of China Racquet Stringers Association). How true is it , how good is his stringing , anybody string with him before, can share your experience ?

11. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

False marketing lol.To be a certified stringer you have to be a member.A member doesn't mean you are certified.

12. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    U mean Melvyn false , not true certified like Alvin clementi ?

13. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Fans : Any more good stringers to recommend !

14. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    Really? He never tell me such things when I wanted to order the new voltric zf2 last time

15. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    That is a rule that has been in place ever since he started it guess. He told me is just that it was never enforce strictly. Sort of like depending on the chemistry with the client before he enforce it.

16. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Try Mr Lim from Artic Pacific Sports. He can string new or old rackets with ease :) [/FONT]

17. Johnson72

Johnson72 Regular Member

CS tolded me that there is a lot of new faces from Badminton Forum to string the racket .I'm happy and wish to those new Smashing Max kaki enjoy the game after experience with CS stringing skills .

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant

19. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Very good. Go string with him. Can't go wrong.

20. Johnson72

Johnson72 Regular Member

Guys , just strung my racket again at Smashing Max this afternoon .. Good job to CS and Clement. they have so many racket to Q for restringing .I congrat to them that the shop have already build up the population on stringing skills and the best service that provided.