Where to play in HK

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by steven tan, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    No kidding! Even with the West Rail Line, you still have to spend an hour on public transportation from Tuen Mun to HK Island. So you probably get off at Nam Cheong Station and transfer to the Tung Chung Line.

http://www.kcrc.com/eng/services/services/popup.asp?img='images/wr_route.jpg'

http://www.mtr.com.hk/jplanner/planner_index.php

#41 Pete LSD, Dec 6, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  2. Shinjin

Shinjin New Member

hello there!!!

:)

nei ho!

hello, to all the people of the forums! most especially to taneepak who is so very welcoming to everyone here!!! :)

anyway, i am originally from the Philippines where I am an average Class C player (well, Class C as far as the Philippines is concerned, dunno here in HK). i will be staying here in HK for the next 3 months at least and looking for groups i can play with on a regular basis.

i live in Mui Wo, but am willing to travel to as far as Honk Kong Side just to play... ;) ehehehe... :D

here's hoping someone will reply to my post... thanks!!! :eek:

3. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Dear Shinjin,
    Welcome to this forum.
    Have you sent any PM to taneepak yet? I'm sure Mr. Tan will kindly help you out in this.
    Best regards
    redkingjoe

4. Shinjin

Shinjin New Member

will do...

hey redkingjoe!

nope, not yet... hehehe... i don't want to PM him/her just yet as I'd want to be welcome first... ehehehe... :D

but will do that once I get to be known here more...

btw, where do you play? can we play together? but i warn you though, i am just an average player in our standards... maybe lesser in yours... :D

thanks for responding!!!

5. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Really glad to see you post again. Mr. Tan is super extra extremely exceedingly helpful so he is always busy(you know helping needs a lot of time). I don't know your time frame but if you can wait than Mr. Tan might welcome you directly later or might be he'll be too busy to miss this(I can't represent him, you know.). You will speed up the case if you PM.

I had an accident half a year ago and injured my back. I had not fully recovered yet. It might take another 3-6 months. Once I get over, I will continue to learn from my son and his coach.
    Hope you have a happy time in HK.
    best regards
    red

#45 redkingjoe, Dec 13, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Mui Wo is in Lantau and if you willing to take the long boat commute to Tsim Sha Tsui, I will see if I can arrange for someone to pick you up at the Tsim Sha Tsui jetty for some badminton in Kowloon. Although choice may be slightly limited to arrange for sessions comprising mostly class C players, it can neverthless be arranged. Pls pm me your preferred days and time.

7. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

Policy & Research Coordinator
    hi mr tan

the games went well and i thoroughly enjoyed them. yes i did test lau geen out, in my opinion our speed and agility are very similar also very similar standard. funny, when we were playing together we seemd to cover each other too much coz we're both quick to reocver and cover the other.

anyway thanks a lot nevertheless, when i come back to hk ill contact u again =)

thanks

wai

8. Shinjin

Shinjin New Member

hey everyone!!!

haya, haya, haya!!! (yes, yes, yes!!!)

finally, i was able to play with the famed Ah Tung and his friends... thanks guys... you were all great... there was these two young ones, and they really beat our behinds off! hehehe...

anyway, i am again looking forward to the next time we meet... and this time, i would like to play with taneepak!!! hahaha!!! :D

thanks again, guys!

Shinjin

PS: oh, and i am learning some Cantonese, though still limited to numbers... yes! :D

Me: yat, yi, sam, sey, uh... hmp, lok, ahhhhh... what was it??? hehehe... :rolleyes:

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I understand those two kids were shorter than the net. For something easier to handle, you can always join me at Tuen Mun tomorrow (wednesday) and thursday. The wednesday morning group is an all women group-I am a guest-and you should have no problem as their standard of play is rather low. The thursday group is all men, and the standard is at, or slightly above, Ah Tung's level. Pm me if you are interested. Alternatively, you can contact Ah Tung for future sessions. If you have difficulty communicating with him or with his scheduling, feel free to give me a call anytime.

10. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    hi guys,

i will be in hongkong from 29th December - 5th January for business trip.

will there be any session on the weekend?

any phone number that i can contact?

Thanks

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The New Year weekend is usually a rest day-no work and no sports. How about other days, either during the day or at night? You can call me when you arrive. Pls pm me.