Where to get TV Schedule for Live Badminton Matches in India?

Discussion in 'India' started by majorgeek, Oct 8, 2015.

1. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    I am from India and I want to know where can I find the TV Schedule of all the BWF championship matches? Is there any website which provides details like which Championship will be broadcasted on which TV channel? I play badminton and follow Live matches on TV, but I have found very difficult to know where can I find the advance details of these upcoming matches. Most of the matches I have seen on Star Sports, and yes you can go to Star Sports website and there you can check the timings. But what about other matches and championship on other channels. The BWF website provides the date of championship matches, but there is no link which provides when it is going to telecast and schedule in India.

For example current BWF championship of Dutch Open is going on and I am not able to find where it is being telecasted in Indian channels. I will be very glad if any of you can provide me the link, or yes if there is a group which keep on updating the upcoming tournaments and their timings, I would love to join.

Thanks in Advance! :)

2. Sampat

Sampat Regular Member

There is no such site which provides this data :( Even I am looking for similar updates on the telecast schedules.

3. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Even I am looking for such information. Have to frantically check all sports channels to see whether they are telecasting the matches. With no offence to other sports I find some channels giving too much priority to certain sports inspite of the same being very old and outdated. Need to encourage sports like badminton and would love to see more Indian taking up this sports. Better ways to promote the sport is toshow live telecast of all super series & grand prix series. Take for example Ten Golf Channel an exclusive channel for the Golf sport. I am definitely sure that badminton is a more popular sport and is played by more nos of people than Golf. I think the best way to address this problem would for IBF to tie up with a major sporting channel and start an exclusive badminton channel like the Ten Golf.

4. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    Thanks Sampat for the reply, so I am not alone here on this Earth who is looking for this kind of information. :)

5. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    Thanks Vishnu for the reply,

So today I found out that, this is a common issue and for the badminton lovers like us who are looking for telecast schedule, we need to do something about it.

Some suggestions from my side would be, Create a thread (may be a live thread) on which we can keep on posting the details and schedule dates along with timing of the upcoming matches, I mean people will keep on updating the thread with the latest information about the scheduled tournaments and admin of the thread will highlight that on the front page, the thread might be named as, "Badminton Upcoming Tournament Schedule and Timings in India", or some thing shorter than this. In this way people will keep on updating and thread will provide us about shedule of matches and tournaments live telecasted in Indian TV.

Other option might be, create a FB or WhatsApp page and provide the same kind of information. Please give your valuable suggestions if someone has more creative ideas. I am sure Badminton lovers from India will help us. Thanks

6. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    I agree with you Majorgeek. We can do something about this and to begin with I understand Star Sports 4 is telecasting Denmark Open on Friday & Saturday. Love Badminton & enjoy playing Badminton

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Star Sports 4 and Star Sports 2 telecast badminton matches in India.
    SSP-Round of 16 Onwards
    SS-Quarter final Onwards
    GPG-Semi Final Onwards

India Open SS and Syed Modi GPG is telecasted on Sony Six.

8. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    Yes, thanks Vishnu for the information, I just missed Dutch Open, but as an Indian, I am glad to know that, Ajay Jayaram of India won the Dutch Open 2015, he is a really good player, watched his match with No. 1 Ranked Chen Long in final of Korea Open, it was straight set loss but he played very well.

Please keep on updating any information on Badminton matches, and I hope some one will do it for the love of Badminton to create an exclusive page for the same and be an active Admin.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

There is no telecast of GP's and International Challenge (IC) anywhere in the world

10. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    Thanks Buddy for the information,

Is there any way to find out the exact timings of the matches when they will be telecasted, like when the telecast will start on these channels? Once the telecast has begun, we can see the details of the matches e.g singles, doubles and mixed which they show on screen after every few minutes. But finding the timings like whether they will start in the morning or evening is very difficult, last time I managed to see Singapore Open by chance when I was shifting channels and Start Sports was giving an ad, where the timings were mentioned. But its only when you switch on the channel who will telecast the tournament, they give ads.

How do you manage to catch your favorite badminton player's match? I will really appreciate, if there is some source.

11. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    I am using Dish TV which gives updated program guide for the next two days. I go into the program guide to see when the match starts and accordingly plan my routines. Generally it is difficult to predict when the individual matches start it depends on the completion of the last match. I think Denmark open might start in the IST evening may be from 2 pm onwards not very sure.

12. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Which Channel is going to telecast the French Open 2015 Badminton. Tournament has started from Oct 20. All the Indian players r scheduled to play in this tournament. Kindly let me know the channel which is going to telecast these matches

13. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    Well I am not sure, but http://tvguide.starsports.com/ says, when you select Badminton as sports, 'Yonex French Open Live' at 20:30 IST, Friday 23rd October on Star Sports 1 & HD 1 There is a chance that live will start at 8:30 PM on Friday, as Denmark open also used to start around 8:30 in the evening but on Star Sports 4, Finals would be on Saturdays or Sundays.

Update is :Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap enter 2nd round of French Open

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Thanks to Star owned Indian Super league we are devoid of both French Open as well as Ranji Round 4 this week. :-(

15. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    Yeah you are right, I also couldn't able to find the Live or Highlights of French Open. I was wondering what could be the reason, and now that you have mentioned the real reason, I am dissapointed!

16. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Please do not jump into any conclusions. Star Sports is the only sports channel which is showing live telecast of the major badminton tournaments. Star Sports showed live telecast of French Open from the Quarterfinals stage. But still a lot more matches can be shown and the highlights frequency can be improved. I agree other sports are getting undue advantage as compared to Badminton. Need to promote more Badminton and show all tournaments right from the round stages. Need to repeat telecasting good matches on a regular basis.

17. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    China Open is going to be shown live on Star Sports from Thurdsday. Enjoy watching Badminton and Cheer for the Indian Badminton Players.

Ajay has a tough outing against Chen Long in the Opener hope Ajay can cause a big upset and win against CL. Looks like an easy first round for the other Indian Players..All the best Indian Players.. Go For It

18. majorgeek

majorgeek Regular Member

Businessman
    Thanks Vishnu, Can you tell us the timings? When it will be aired on TV on Star Sports.?

Thanks in Advance!

19. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Star Sports website shows the telecast would begin from 10.30 am IST Thursday. Looks like a High Definition telecast hoping to see High Quality badminton. It will be like an incing on the cake if Indian players manage to reach the finals.