where to buy tickets?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by WilliamFoong, Mar 15, 2007.

1. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

Confused where to buy WC tickets.....

i was really confused....
    as the proton-bwf website stated that ticketpro is the agent for selling this WC tournament ticket...
    but is it the only one agent who was seeling this ticket or there is more another agents....??
    does anyone who get their ticket for other sources(beside ticket pro / J&A agent)
    can someone tell me which agent would i go for ???
    thanks....

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc

Are you an authorised agent or just a free agent?

3. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    as far as i can see, ticketpro looks like the authorised agent....but they dont seem to have an online bookin system....only an order form for offline booking...realy poor organisation again :(

4. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
  5. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    may b after u fill in the form then u can email to them...:)

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Unfortunately, both those contact methods of ordering tickets are not listed through the official website. Also, you did mention another email address on earlier messages.

Myself and others are wondering the validity of your statements. Only a few months ago, there were reports of the Football's European cup final being riddled with fake tickets being sold to fans. That's the reason for the concern.

7. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

me too...
    as the history of that...
    i have my decision that i would go to ticketpro to purchase my tickets..

8. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Just like everybody else, I'm also confused if I can really buy the tickets online. I think we have to make a call or send the order form by fax with all the details of your credit card. I like the way Singapore Aviva open handled ticket orders online. The same with Sudirman Cup tickets. Please advise us what to do so we can book early. Calling for our Malaysian members to help us. Thanks:)

Does anyone know how to get the tickets for the China Open in Chengdu? The website is in Chinese.

9. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I think everybody is so confuse how to get their tickets. They should follow the procedure during the Singapore Aviva open. Booking tickets online was so easy and you can just pickup the tickets at the venue. Maybe they should adopt the same procedure.

10. szean56

szean56 Regular Member

student
    is there anyone bought ticket through dutadis ?

11. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    i think booking like this is too risky..
    u need to giv all ur detail + credit card no.
    if anyone tat get these info is not a gud person,
    ur credit card charges in the next month maybe will be RM1000 ++
    too dangerous to book this way..
    can i book the ticket 1st, then pay when i collect it?

12. ronk

ronk Regular Member

A friend of mine booked a season ticket for me through Ticketpro. Her credit card was charged and the credit card company called to check. Apparently, the season ticket price has dropped by MYR 54 or so (for the best seat). There is only 1 Quarter Final Session instead of 2 as originally listed in the earlier order form. So the Season ticket for the best seating is MYR 376 if I remember correctly. The new order form is up on the web.

It would be nice if the seats numbers can be reserved online. I believe that for the World Badminton in the US 2 years ago, one could pick one's seat on a first come first serve basis. I was thinking of going but decided not to as I did not want to go to the West coast -- too lazy.

Hopefully, I will get the seat I requested which is first row (just behind the players) and right in the middle.

Is there anyway for Bfers to identify themselves? ATBL did have an idea but there was some problem a while back. Any ideas anyone?

13. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I would not suggest buying from dutadis. The information from Dutadis is not the same as that provided by Ticketpro. Ticketpro is linked to the official web site and partially through the IBF website (stupid old out of date order form with no address???) and is legitimate. Also, Ticketpro has ready staff on call to handle questions.

14. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

yup...agree with u ...

15. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher

This is certified to be the correct information from newspaper today. Please do not simply take order from unknown sources. However, there appears to be agent which doing tickets selling too, just like during Malaysia Open & Proton Open, which not to sure about it, usually we walk in to get the tickets.

The only thing is, they only stated the time for game to start, but no estimate time for the game end.. So, is quite hard to plan out the time, any suggestions ? ? (since im not able to watch fully per day for ALL MATCHES)

16. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Thank you very much Angelatby. I was finally able to book my e-tickets online. However, I noticed that you really cannot choose the seats, whatever comes out of the computer you have to accept it.
    Anyways, you really made me very happy. Thanks again and hope to see you there. Ciao!:)

17. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I looked at the website for the tickets. They now have a ticket order page. But one has to log in to get into the site. I wonder why. The site has poor human factors design.

A friend ordered for me and got the guys to promise to get me good seats so I cannot order another season ticket. If they are organized, I should have the seats allocated and set. Season tickets get better seats supposedly.

So Angelatby, are you going to the World Championship? You signed up and then withdrew your name from the form.

18. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

Hi Ronk, I have experienced the same thing in booking tickets online. Maybe it is just a matter of procedure. Are you going to watch the World championship? I am scheduled to go to Chengdu to watch the China Open 1. But up to now I don't know where and how to buy the season ticket if they have. I emailed the organizers but they referred me to their website. I clicked the "Tickets" column but to no avail. I have paid both my air ticket and hotel accommodation, but still no ticket for the event.:D

19. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    is there any a tour and travel package for WC 2007 ?

20. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I plan to watch the WC as I have season tickets with reserved seating. Hopefully, I will get good seats as my friend did request for very good seats. The website is still not very functional.