Where can I get Operational Guidelines of the Badminton Umpires?

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by ralphz, Dec 12, 2016.

1. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Please bear in mind that these documents are historical and reflect the pre-2006 state - note the reference to point of impact, i.e. very old laws. The up-to-date laws and regulations can be found at http://bwfcorporate.com/regulations/ .

Looking at the buaofe website, I'd guess that the RTTOs have replaced the Operational Guidelines, but then I now next to nothing about the situation in England.

3. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

Looking at the RTTO I don't see a definition of waist though.. Any idea if the bottom rib rule would apply internationally? And if so, do you have any source for that?

4. phihag

phihag Regular Member

These regulations have been moved to where they belong in the first place, i.e. the laws:

ralphz likes this.
  5. juneau-AK

juneau-AK Regular Member

Check this sub-forum thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/laws-of-badminton.134584/
    Look in Service section; this is from the 2013 edition, however, the language is same. The current laws are June 2016 edition, and only the number is changed (9.1.6 now, 9.1.5 earlier).

When you go about umpiring at international level, you will eventually figure the waist is culturally different between the various confederations. The BWF will probably get their fixed ht level experiments conducted, however, these cannot be soon enough.

#5 juneau-AK, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016