When will China's dominance end?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by Eurasian =--(O), Sep 24, 2006.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

China won all the events except XD. The MS, WS and WD were all Chinese finals. Its ridiculous how good China is right now. Will their dominance ever end? Indonesia, Denmark and Malyasia need to start getting more consistent results!

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

From all reports, China has a good program and their players train very hard every day. To represent China, one has to be very good.

Li Mao has given Malaysia an insight into their program by implementing something similar in Malaysia. Look at LCW, he is almost there with his style of play. But Malaysia needs more players to step up. They need to eat, sleep, and play badminton like the Chinese. It is a lot of sacrifice. Can it be done ?

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yup, INA and MAL are too reliance their sole golden goose.

4. cindie

cindie Regular Member

I think China's dominance will exist for at least another 3 to 5 years.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

haha...

No way! 3-5 years? Except ladies events...they wont dominate in the men. Unless China use back the same dirty tricks...or maybe they buy the linemens? Look out for KooKienKeat/ChanChongMing & LeeChongWei for the coming tournament...take my words! :cool:

6. cindie

cindie Regular Member

I do hope KKK/CCM or LCW can make a difference or even players from other countries esp INA. But do bear in mind that, China will have new players coming up too. Perhaps better than the current LD? Buy linesmens?? haha.. that's a bit ridiculous. :D

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yeah, maybe not 3-5 years for LCW and KKK/CCM. But my point is that there are not many good ones coming up from the ranks. How can Malaysia sustain the flow of players for the next few years --- post LCW and KKK/CCM ? Am I too pessimistic ? Does it come like it always does in the end --- i.e. someone would step up ?

Any views from you ?

8. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Duh, this kind of statememt is uncalled for.

But you are right that China will dominate the WS and WD for the forseeable future. They are 1-2 classes above the rest.

I donot see China "dominance" on other events, and certainly not XD. In MS, the likes of LCW, PG, TH and LHI have a fair chance to defeat LD, BCL, CH and CJ. In MD, I think the CY/FHF pair is the exceptional out of the existing China MD pairings rather than norm.

The situation in this WC is a combination of the Chinese players being in their top form right up to the semi, whilst at the same time, their opponents did not play to their full potential and faulted at the crucial time. I donot think there will be another WC where China has 7 representatives out of the possible 10 final berths.

#8 Linus, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    however, i wouldn't bet 1 cent on your prediction.

10. indra

indra Regular Member

CHina's domination especially (MS, MD and MX) will soon end after in the ASIAN GAMES DOHA this December...:D

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    China still will dominate in most of the Opens as China has pool of talents in all departments and train hard. Just look back in recent years, which Open was not dominated by the Chinese in the final and usually Chinese took more than 3 titles out of 5 events.
    Even though I kind of think MS is more up for grap but if China send Chen Yu, Chen Hong, Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai and Lin Dan to any Open, who can actually beat them? All these Chinese players are more than capable of beating Peter, Taufik, Chong Wei, Jonassen, Boonsak, ... In that sense, MS will still be dominated by the Chinese, like it or not.

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    That's because only 2 players are allowed for each event :D

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

China spends a lot of money on badminton. The game reaches out to many people. Rigthfully, they reap what they sow. Nobody can really deny them of their success with such efforts in place.

Malaysia has done a lot but it is just not enough. However, it is still good enough to produce such players like Hafiz and LCW. It is still competitive. I guess that is all it will be because to catch up with China, you need to do as much as China.

14. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    What the china get now is definitely not so easy...We didn't see how they put in so so so much of effort...Everything they get is their labour of hard work and i do think they are strong because each of their player is equally strong and unlike other countries who depends only one or two players like Indo,Mas or Denmark..What they must do now is try to produce more world class players..this is the only way...

15. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    Put it this way, China has about 1/5 th worlds population. So even by mere random chance there are bound to be people like LD, ZN, XXF there.

On a more serious note I think its almost unfair for small countries like Malaysia , Indonesia & Denmark to compete with a giant like China. To answer the question, I think China domination will end once India gets into Badminton bigtime, 1.4 billion people vs 1.0 biliion people, I think thats a fair fight...

16. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    the main thing is their continuous FLOW of talent. they will have new blood to fill the posts when the older ones age. other countries find it much harder to sustain this continued flow of talents. so most probably china's dominance won't end anytime soon, perhaps until one day when china's youths turn away from badminton, towards other things

17. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Do you mean football???Maybe next time china can qualified in the world cup...Ha..ha...

18. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I think more! Expecially in WS and WD!!! :D They will be still too strong coz they have players coming up every 2 years! ;)

19. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

Personally, Their stranglehold in the WS and WD is unbreakable. In WS, both XXF and ZN are untouchable. The other also rans are well behind. Even Jiang Yan Jiao and Zhu Lin can give tough fights to them. For MAS, only WMC there who is to me inside the top 16 to top 8 range. If given a lucky draw, might go into Qfinals or SF. WD, needless to say. XD is probably the most open category. MD I can't say that they are dominating it. Because they only have CY/FHF which has an easier draw this year and they didn't beat the MAS pairs which I think have an edge over them. In MS, the CHN team dominates because it so happens that Chen Hong and BCL was in the form of their lives. With BCL beating Sony, LCW, LHI where previously LCW 8-0 against him. While Chen Hong needless to say beaten TH and PG. Then LD is still fresh without big tests, just take the title on offer to him. He was hardly tested. Whereas CJ, I guess he was exhausted by the match against KBH, which he played his match of his life and then you can see the importance of your teammate helping out your draw. It is not necessary to beat them, but you can always have their energy level drained up a lot.

20. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

I have to say CJ was a bit disappointing, most people here thought he was a rising star, but it seemed that he just couldn't handle the pressure in this WC and lost some of the games that he should've been able to win.