what's the best winex or hi-qua racquet for doubles?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by joseph, Jul 10, 2001.

1. John,

Yes T-10 is better than T-18. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but for agent the T-18 is cheaper to buy than T-10 from Winex!

If you look at T-18 you will see that it does not use the Muscle Power style isometric frame design and does not use the slim shaft design with small t-joint.

It is a nice racket but is certainly not produced to sell above the T-10/T-20. I always carry a range of Winex demo rackets with me whenever I play, and recently I have sold a couple of T-20's to people who own Yonex Ti-10's as they prefer the Winex racket! This is true and gives me great confidence to recommend Winex to anyone.

The price seems good to. In the UK the T-10 will not be part of the range, but the T-20 (its sister racket) will and is going to sell for the equivalent of $149 Canadian.

Does the racket come strung? In the UK the racket will be supplied with Winex string ti-80 at 22lb.

Mark

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I don't mean to put Winex down or anything Mark but prehaps the reason why they prefer it is because the Winex T-20 is lighter than the Yonex Ti-10.

I have a T-20 as well as a Ti-10 and i find them to be very different and incomparable because of their weight differences

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    In Toronto, you can get some of the Winex equipment from Lee's but if you are in Western Canada or even better in Vancouver, you can get them from me. I've recently been appointed the Western Canada rep for Winex.

If you are in Vancouver, I would be more than happy or have my partner come out and bring along a few racquets for you to try out (currently we have strung Ti-20, Ti-9, Ti-3, SQ-800, W-20 and Boron-2 racquets). I am awaiting new stock including the MM100/200 racquets. I'm the process of getting the website set up and our prices includes stringing (Winex Ti string) and a thermal bag. Please e-mail me for prices.

Aug 8-24th - I am in Toronto during this period and will be playing at George Brown (downtown) on Tuesdays/Sunday (7-10pm) and Sunday (8am to 2pm) probably at L'amoreaux Community Centre. I have with me the Ti-20 and the Ti-3 (both strung at 22lbs). I would be more than happy to have you try out the racquets.

Cheers,
    Peter Kho.