What's a Victor model comparable to YY's 65Z2/Z3

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Hitman989, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Hitman989

Hitman989 Regular Member

Referencing the Yonex 65Z2/Z3 I would like to know which Victor model(s) is comparable in terms of function and comfort.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Using Victor shoes over a decade and also had 65s. Maybe this helps. I would recommend to look at the S (speed) and A (allround) models. But I would say you should look more in the speed series. Forget the P series. The P series are well supported shoes with great cushion but also higher and not as close to the floor like a 65 model. Some people feel they are too heavy and bulky. I personally think (after two pair of Victors S80 shoes) that any S8x is the closest. The last Allround shoe I had was A922 which is also more flat and closer to the ground but iirc the shoe has also more padding inside and don't have this yonex-ish feel.

Hitman989 likes this.
  3. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    i was faced with the same dilemma as you and i hv come to the conclusion based on personal experiences from a varied number of Victor models that the Yonex CFT Z series has no equivalents with any of the other makers.Personally find the Z3 far ahead of competition when it comes to support and cushioning.You can take a look at the Victor P series shoes,but i dont think you would be satisfied enough-atleast i wasnt :(

4. BananaJoeDlx

BananaJoeDlx New Member

After wearing out two pairs of 65 Z2s, i switched to P9200 from Victor. They wear a bit higher and feel almost clunky at first. But i rate their stability and comfort equal if not higher.
    I think they are the most stable and supportive shoes in Victors lineup, but due to being higher off the ground, they are not directly compareable.