What's a outstanding racket from Victor? (Someone who hasn't tried Victor rackets)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by badmintonpog1, Oct 24, 2022.

1. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Hey everyone!

For some background information, I use A LOT of Yonex rackets. I haven't tried Victor's rackets, therefore I don't know the difference in feeling, frame shape, & so on compared to Yonex.

By no means do I want to get a new racket because it would improve how I play. I just want to get a racket from each brand. So far I have gotten Li-Ning & formerly Mizuno.

If I were to choose a Victor racket, which is the most outstanding or well-worth to getting into the brand?

I currently use the Astrox 88S Pro (4U) & sometimes my Astrox 99 (3U). At the moment savoring the feeling of the Astrox 99, enjoying that I got in 3U.

Cheung likes this.
  2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Depend on what you are looking now. What kind of racket you look now?

Similar to Yonex,
    Auraspeed series are YY Nanoflare
    Thruster series are YY Astrox
    DriveX series are YY Arcsaber

3. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    To be honest, to stay safe I was thinking of like older models or highly well-known Victor rackets. Like the Bravesword 12 or the Thruster F Enhanced.

I would say I am looking for a head-light to even balanced racket. Though I don't hear many people talking about the DriveX series, so if I were to choose possibly the Auraspeed or Thruster series. Would love your recommendations!

I do know about the old but gold Bravesword series though. I am quite interested in Bravesword 12 specifically.

I bring up the Bravesword series because I see quite a lot of people in my area use the Bravesword 12. It is a popular racket among pros & club players often use. I hear it is easy to use as well. Most are in stock here in the US.

I actually do know a few friends who have a Bravesword 12 (Both blue & black) in 3U & 4U which is sold out online in stores like Nydhi. I'll see if I am able to try it out from them & update whether or not I like it.

Thanks, @Budi for replying! :D

4. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

If what you are looking for are some classic rackets by victor, I would say:

BS12
    JS10 (OG colour)
    K9000 (thruster)

BS12 is pretty easy to get while the other 2 (especially K9000) are harder

PS the BS12 is one of the best handling and has really nice feedback from stringbed; just lacks a bit of power

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

This is just my honest opinion. BS12 is too old now and it does not offer anything else other than super easy clears and super fast racket speed. I would suggest going for Hypersonic, Ryuga 2 or TK-F instead of BS12. Or if you can wait for another 3-4 months. The new BS12 will come out with better material + free-core.

Khamenman likes this.
  6. what07

what07 Regular Member

Probably BS12 or JS10. If you want something slightly newer AS-CY is pretty good all arounder. I feel like anything in the newer Victor range is just all over the place due to poor QC. Weights / Balances are just crazy atm if your specifically looking for headlight to even balance racket

pootisfoib likes this.
  7. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

would not agree about QC, bought plenty of auraspeeds, thrusters (bxr, tkfe) in three pieces and they are completely alike in terms of weight and bp, and they play completely the same

8. what07

what07 Regular Member

Probably luck of the draw. HS, 100x and TKFE were pretty much a mix bag, but then again my sample of each model were around 10-15 rackets each. Found it difficult to settle on 4 rackets. JS12ii & TKFC were much better I found and I feel comfortable buying without measuring with these two models.

Other kinda new models I found pretty consistent were ARS-PB. They were all pretty much within 1g/+-3mm of each other which is acceptable to me and got 8 of those. JS10C was consistent but for a 4U it was on the upper end of the 85g and even balance points for a majority. But when measuring two shipments worth of 70 JS10C 4U, around 30% of them were off spec from the others imo. 3U were pretty spot on but once again small sample of 20.

Martynas and Woesi like this.
  9. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

100x power ring edition 3u is the best racket available in the market right now... After trying many rackets like 88sp 88dp 99p arc11p arc7p, tectonic ltd, ars 90k, ars hs, tkf, ryuga

Nowhere near 100x in terms of all around-ness
    Very awesome control, great power, and fast swing even in 3u weight... Godly racket indeed... The rebound technology in 100x made it effortless to do clears and lobs... Steeper smashes than any other racket... And the best part is very forgiving for misshits....

Even my yonexdiehardfans friend admit it, this racket is very something, except the price is unbelievably high by his standard

Againzt and Khamenman like this.
  10. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    Managed to borrow my friend's Bravesword 12 3U strung w/ Yonex's BG 66 Ultimax @ 24 lbs. Swinging it so far has a different sound compared to other mainstream rackets. Super quick. Can't wait to try it on the court tomorrow!!!!! I'll try to get ahold of many other Victor rackets whenever I have the chance. I believe I can test the Thruster F Enhanced racket later on for sure...

what07 and pootisfoib like this.
  11. Troelsh

Troelsh New Member

Been using the Bravesword 12 for a long time, it is a great racket, the fastest racket i have ever tried, very easy to play with and defence and drives are effortless.
    The downsides of this racket is, that it is not the most stabile racket out there, it vibrates when you don't hit the sweetspot, and not the most powerfull racket out there.

I currently switched to the TKF enhanced edition, and this is the best racket i have ever used, maybe not as fast as the Bravesword, but for me it is better in all other aspects.

But try both rackets, they are both great, and it really depends on what type of player you are, in regards to which racket that suits you best.

pootisfoib likes this.
  12. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    Played with the Bravesword 12 on Sunday. I must say, the speed of it is way faster than the Astrox 88S Pro. I have a fond liking for head light & even balanced rackets as well.

It feels solid and quick enough to get on defense & offense. Most of what I felt about the Bravesword 12 is what @Troelsh & many others said in other discussion posts.

I would honestly buy the Bravesword 12 in 3U. I don't notice much of the weight due to how quickly the Bravesword 12 is when swinging it.
    Bravesword 12 will definitely be on my list of Victor rackets.

Will I get one ASAP? Hell no, I have too many rackets. I use what I have, not what I want. Once they all break then yeah. It gave me a good impression of Victor rackets & excited to test more of their rackets whenever I get the chance. :rolleyes::D

pootisfoib likes this.
  13. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

100x power ring is the better version of bravesword 12

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Brave Sword 10 was an outstanding racket. Still have a SW35 and like it even after 12 years. MX80 OG and MXJJS also outstanding rackets in their history.

Woesi likes this.
  15. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    I have a friend who had the Meteor X80 OG & recently bought the 80N version. He quite likes Victor rackets a lot. I also just found out a shop in Milpitas that has the Meteor JJS in stock!

ucantseeme likes this.
  16. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Based on the YY rackets you use. I would say the most notable rackets for you to try would be

Thruster F Enhanced. Very stable and solid feel like the 88S(I used this racket when I switched) only less vibration. It's a very user friendly racket, just takes some fine tuning to retrain your arm for the subtle differences in the faster trades.

Thruster Falcon Claw. It is your victor version of your YY compact head like the zforce 2. I know lots of people that went from zf2 to AX99. Hence the recommendation, since it may be up your alley.

If you're looking for just an overall decent racket that is tried and true, that you don't need to fire rockets in singles. The original BS12 is dynamic. Only thing is it isn't stiff. You may have a hell of a time going from a AX99 to a BS12.

Neurologik and xzavire like this.
  17. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

Is TKF Claw the most head heavy and stiff in Victor? Any chance you know how it compares to Ryuga 1?

18. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    Count you please elaborate on the differences between 88s and TKFE please ? You meant the 88s was faster or TKFE ? I understand you prefer TKFE now ? Thanks !

19. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

To be honest I felt they were very similar and it all comes down to personal experience. I would never buy a racket without trying it first.

The 88s was my favorite racket for years(the original, never used the newer ones). I switched to TKF-E for a few reasons. I found it had less vibration, and the balance seemed more comfortable for me. I don't want to say the 88s was more head heavy, because I am not sure. But the way the TKF-E swings just felt more balanced and in the end faster. I also found the sweet spot to be slightly larger which cleans up things like small backhand mishits or gives more punch in the faster trades.

Either way. I'm sure there are people out there that believe the 88s is superior. No idea how the new one plays.

Never used the ryuga. I usually find a racket and stick with it, not much experimenting in between because you can never really keep up with technology.

I went from the OG Nanospeed 7000 -> OG Jetspeed 12 -> OG Astrox 88S -> TKF-E.

I don't really change much for "technology" or look. Just feel demo rackets out from time to time and upgrade every 5+ years. Mainly because if you switch rackets constantly, even if they are better, you play worse because you muscle memory suffers everytime.

#19 AdamMorin, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    Neurologik and Budi like this.
  20. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

For someone using Bravesword 12 3U, which is better TKFE 3U or 4U ?. How much more stiffer is it than the BRS 12?. Same sweet spot size too ?