What's a good "easy mode" racquet?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by John Xina, Feb 8, 2022.

1. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Most of my racquets are stiff and demanding, so I'd like something easy to play with when I'm just hitting around casually at the end of the night with the less-experienced players. I was thinking of the Yonex Nanoray/Voltric Glanz racquets, but I can't find them for sale anywhere in my country at the moment. If you have recommendations for something high-end but super easy to play with (think something a senior citizen could easily use) I'd love to hear them.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Why high end just for fun with lower lv? Then playing with lower lv had higher risk of clashing so its bad investment i guest considering the risk.
    Not to mention all high end are basically more demanding.

Why not the mid to higher low end racket?
    As for how easy, the more flex the racket shaft had, its will be more easier with lazy stroke. My lazy racket are my old Lining racket Mega power Series UC5000. Easy accessible power. Not as powerfull when i do full smash but i dont need that dealing with lower lv.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

I wouldn't change the specs too much just for that. Maybe go down only a tad in stiffness and head heaviness. Or maybe just stick to same racket, otherwise you may just mess up your stroke mechanics and timing.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Every racket starting to feel foreign to me except my main, so I'm going to say the same racket but strung 2 to 4 lbs lower.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SnowWhite likes this.
  5. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I'm finding the 88 s pro super forgiving. Not massively powerful unless going all out but it clip smashes ok. Choose whichever model matches your budget? I'm going to give the "game" a go soon I think. It's also suited to front court, which is where I tend to end up when playing lazily.
    If you can find it, spieler 09.1 for a cheaper option.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

6. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I've actually been considering one of the Game racquets - either the 100 or the 99. 88s sounds like a good option as well. When you decide to pick one up, I'd love to read a review.

7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Edit: "play" not "game".
    I think I like the fast frame, so I ruled out the game for being half recessed. But then I've been swinging too fast sometimes. Not a whole lot of point in selling the pro and then buying the tour at the same price, unless that flex is kinder to the elbow.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

8. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

my easy to go racket is jetspeed 12ii... I normally use nanoflare800 but sometimes it feels stiffer than usual, whenever my arm is tired. jetspeed 12ii is a bit stiffer than mid flex (flexier than nf800 for sure) which is good enough bec mid flex has no feeling for me. Slightly headheavy, which gives a bit power for my tired arm and it has aero frame which makes it fast enough. You can think jetspeed12ii as all around fast racket which is not lacking power and pretty easy to use imo... I am using all in 4u btw

9. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I support this aswell... whenever my arms are tired or generally having a **** playing day. My trusty jetspeed 12ii does the trick to compensate for my tired wrist. I shuffle between 88S Pro, the s12ii and Jnice Black Panther all 4Us

10. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

If you are using super demanding rackets, then you should probably use a less stiff or head heavy racket. If you are already using the Asteox series, I recommend continuing to use it only.
    My best bet is Ax88d pro as its a head heavy but very easy to use and very fast racket and the Ax77 as its just a more powerful version of Arc11, performs well overral.
    In other series idk much, but do check out lining windlite series, extremely lightweight but big power too.

11. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Bravesword 12, Tectonic 7, or Auraspeed CY. Excellent all-around rackets that are super easy to just pick up and play.

#11 pootisfoib, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Woesi likes this.
  12. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

Nanoflare 700 - flexible/medium stiff shaft and headlight. Easy to use with decent amount of power (4U but borderline 3U, hence can still be powerful)

EdwinD and BadmintonDave like this.
  13. Againzt

Againzt Regular Member

Have tried Astrox 88S GAME for 3 weeks now. And I really like it. It is my main racket now.

It is so easy to play, I ask my friends to try it and all of them say it is really easy to play.

Can't get much smash power from it tho, so I use repulsion string to help with the power. But for clear, control, net, drive, and etc, it is all powerful and fast enough.

AX88S GAME is the king of all round racket for me.

Raju likes this.
  14. BananaJoeDlx

BananaJoeDlx New Member

I have a Tectonic 7 aswell, and its easier to play with than my main racket, Auraspeed 70k.
    Bought it out of curiosity and it ended up being my choice when feeling a little fatigued.
    Based on the frequency of which it gets restrung, I guess i play with it the most actually :p

Barkov Maxim and pootisfoib like this.
  15. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

I also like Tectonic 7. Today was difficult day to play (not fully recovered after tournament), and I switched on the T7 and was enjoied by its performance.