what went wrong with my selection of AS 25Lbs?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by slair76116, Oct 17, 2020.

1. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I strung my new 88D with AS at 25Lbs, normally I used UM66 at 28Lbs. My Racket guy recomended 25Lbs becasue AS has a lot of replusion he said.

here is the thing, using 50% of my power the AS is a joy I clear every shot with ease the sound is nice the feel is fantastic.

But everytime I smash I feel the string absorbs my power, the harder I smash nothing really happens It's slow...Why is that?

and again for every other shot other than smash, it feels wonderful.

2. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I've not used either string much but I'd suggest that 3lb was too much of a difference. I'd only string AS maybe 1lb lower than 66u. So its too soft and not reacting quickly enough to your technique would be my guess.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

regularAl likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The same as stiffness, you need to find the golden spot for tension that fit you power output. Lower tension will add more power but to low will dampen your power to. While high tension will reduce power but gain more control & to high tension will reduce your power even more.

So with more repulsive string, basically you want to add more tension if you want to reduce some power or gain more control. Going much lower tension can also reduce power but it would be slower reaction from your string bed which i think is bad.

But keep in mind thinner string are more repulsive but less durable. So its prone to snap easily especially on high tension.

4. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I think I went too low with 25lbs it eats all my power when I hit it hard.

My 88D has become a good warm up racket