What to buy?!!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Veronica, May 9, 2001.

1. Veronica

Veronica Guest

I have been searching through the forum with links I am looking for. I have found a lot of people are using ISO800. I'm using one also. :) Mine broke as I went for a smash and hit the frame and broke the string and cracked the frame. I've been looking for a racquet to replace my ISO800. I've read all the links and seen all the racquets in person and still can't decide. :( I'm a control finesse player in doubles and only play doubles. I do smash when time is right so power is needed also. I like head heavy but well balanced like my ISO800. So what racquet from my list is a direct replacement or a more superior to my ISO800 in terms of power. The racquets are Ti Swing Power SX or SS, Ti-10, MP100 or MP77, or the ISO750 Muscle. Who has used these racquets and the ISO800 that can help me decide. Money is not a problem. Really need everybody's help. :) Don't think I am a girl I have no power. :) I've been training on weights for one year now and my smashes are gradually getting more powerful.

2. ari

ari Guest

if u are powerful,get 2U mp100 ,definitely not wrong,it is well balanced and very powerful,btw how u train on your power,how do u lift weights to improve your strenth...ti10 is another good one,if u are powerful,any racket is not a problem.ti10 is good for both double and single,so far mp100 and ti10 is very good for me,u can try out 3U of both if u find 2U is too heavy

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Veronica, thats not a very difficult question to answer if what you're looking for is a stiff and head heavy racquet...u wrote "a well balanced racquet like the iso800" well for ur info, the iso800 is very head heavy....and stiff as well.
    if u like those characteristics, get the Ti10(which i have tried and am extremely impressed by it)...or the mp100(which i will get this tuesday).
    I have tried the iso800, ti10 and 900swing power.
    well, ti10 is amazing in terms of power, and control is very good as well...defensively, its amazing because the shaft is longer!
    900 swing power....nice and head heavy but too flexible....compared to the ti10, this thing flexes like a peice of paper(i tried the SA). even the SX isnt that stiff, Ti10 is still stiffer....no idea about the MP, but according to yonex, the mp100 is their most powerful racquet.
    if ur looking for something thats got a medium stiff shaft and evenly balanced, look at the MP77....kwun posted a review.

4. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

If you get a Ti-10, you won't have anymore yearnings for Power, Control, etc etc in a racquet.

5. Jeff

Jeff Guest

If your looking for a racket other than Yonex, try a Carlton Airblade 900. Head heavy and stiff. the weight is well balanced

6. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Ti 10 is the best among the lot.Try the 3U version as u need quickness and u might have to drive parallelly and play a lot of wristy and sometimes unorthodox strokes in doubles.

I think Stifness wise Ti 10 3U is also very good. The long version would also help u if u are not to tall.

My Best bid would be Ti 10 3U version.

Cant u step out of yonex land. There are great rackets in other brands. try out the forza range of rackets.

I heard that the Martin frost special is simply awesome!

Try out the Airblade rasmussen orginal.

U can try the Isometric 200 Power SP.Might not be as stiff as the tI 10 but a discontinued model. I think ths model got changed into the ti 5. But ti 5is not even 30% as good as the orginal Iso 200. This comes only in the yonex old Symbol.

Best of luck

7. david

david Guest

Buy the Isometric Titanium Swing Power SX, really wonderful racquet!

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Veronica,

A direct replacement for the ISO 800 is the Ti Swing Power SS. If you like a more of a balance/fitness type of a racket you can get the Ti Swing Power SA because it is very maneuverable and very quick to move your racket around since it weights 81 grams. If you need to do a very quick shot, the SA can do the job very easily. The smash power is pretty good considiering that it is the lightest swing power. This racket is very useful for doubles.

With the SS, basically it performs about the same way as the 800 does. I suggest that you go to a racket store and try out the demos to see which Swing Power will suit you

9. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    I think that u cant just listen to ppl who blatantly say "get the Ti10, its the best".
    these are merely ppl's opinions...with no evidence to back it up. Dont take any suggestions from people, but instead, look at the specifications of each racquet...and think about the way you play.....once u have those things thought out, u would have figured out which racquet would suit you best.

10. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

Well just looking at specifications would not really be much of help. There are racquet intangibles that cannot be described on paper (or your monitor). I prefer testimonials from people and knowing their playing styles. In the end its your style that will dictate your choice of a racquet. Its just a matter of relating your style to those of other people's out there. If the stores around you allow demos, go for it. The only reason why I say Ti-10, is that people usually don't yearn for another racquet after they get this one.

11. Don

Don Regular Member

I do! I yearn for more Ti-10s!!! :)

12. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Or, you can do what Shaun does: buy a racquet, decide that it's the best ever during the first week of use, discover on eighth day that it is actually lousy, spend next week changing mind every day about what new racquet to purchase, and then buy new racquet. Repeat process every 14 days. ;)

13. harry

harry Guest

Haha!!! thatz so true!

i know shaun in person and wat Brett said is very true =)

14. Don

Don Regular Member

Re: Haha!!! thatz so true!

I think Tony Luu is like that... Buy a racquet and stick with it, don't go for the best and hope for the best :) It took me 12 years to figure that out. I've graduated from my first Cab 5 to a Ti-10 and it took 12 years...

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Shaun,

Why reply that under my message lol!!!! Besides I haven't tried out the Ti 10 so I have nothing to say about it. Looking at the specs probably wouldn't mean anything becuase you don't even know the feeling of the racket.

16. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    okay wot i meant was look at things like balance....that would help u figure out if its head heavy or head light correct? Well obviously, if you're a more aggressive player, ur most likely to want to buy a head heavy one. ALso, u might also want one thats 2U and not 3U etc.
    thats wot i meant "]
    about me switching racquets: ITS SOOOOO TRUE!! and it sucks, so stick to one racquet and dont be like shaun k? "] hopefully i'll stick to wot i have so far lol, but hey, at least switching racquets all the time has made me money! i've sold some of the racquet's i've had...and returned the rest...and got profit wohooo.
    thats a good reason to get another racquet isnt it? u got more money, and u've just sold ur old racquet....get something better ^_^

17. harry

harry Guest

problem is there's always something better....