What sort of gym workout suitable for badminton?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Cloudx, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I just sign up with a local gym mainly to work on building up my core strength due of my back injury. I was wondering besides that what sort of workout I can go for? I'm quite a big guy weighing around 80kg & frequent badminton player, used to play 3-4 times a week prior to covid. Now after my injury & pandemic I only play once a week.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Have you signed up with a personal trainer and seen a physio?

3. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Yea, with a personal trainer for a few rounds of trainings. Basically it's focusing on strengthening my back muscles only, so now I'm all by myself doing the workout my training guided me.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I would be quite wary of obtaining advice on this over the internet from amateur players in view of back injury.

If you have only had a few sessions of PT, this is not enough to have learnt how to get proper technique and form on a variety of exercises specific to your condition.

Signature likes this.
  5. Zalmon

Zalmon Regular Member

I would suggest you to master basic compound movement first to build up overall strength. Deadlift can make your core a lot stronger to prevent you from back injury, but you have to do it right. Otherwise, it will ruin you back even more. Shoulder press is also good to prevent you from shoulder injury as I assume that your techniques are correct. Later on , you could focus on legs and core strength. In badminton and bodybuilding , form and technique are crucial. You have to make sure that you do it right.