What Scoring systems you use?

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Vodude, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Vodude

Vodude Regular Member

General Sales
    Guys, I wonder,

What scoring systems you use?

Do you use the old 15 points scoring systems or you use the new 21 rally points scoring systems?

Half set or Full set?

My place usually use the old 15points scoring systems but we make it up to 25 points so no more 1 full set. ;)

2. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

It really depends on who im playing, but in general i find competitive players mostly use the rally 21, and 'old school' players tend to stick to 15. When the day is right i might do something like 11 point rally, round robin between 4 players. Sometimes we play handicap matches if we know the teams are uneven, the first game is played normally, the 2nd game, the team that just lost, now starts with the difference in points. So say they lost 15-5 they would start with 10 points. I usually will do multiple matches 3x15 or 3x21 before i decide to turn up the scoring system, because i think it takes out the variability that way.

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    In indonesia,as i know,most of them played with the old scoring system,the 15.I can always remember that i have to wait 30 or more minutes for a turn.U know,the 15 points can take some time to finish.While in china,everyone already played with the new scoring system,21points.That way it'lll be faster n easier for the ppl whose waiting for their turn to play.Most of the time,10-15minutes will be enough.

4. LVbeam

LVbeam Regular Member

Here in Alberta, we have to play with the new 21 rally point system. I'd say games are faster like that and it makes you not make as much faults because if you do, you just lost a point.

5. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Old-timers, 15-points mostly still. Only play 21 during tournaments (that is the rule), playing single (game goes faster), or with young kids (not to confuse them).