What is wrong with LCW?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by smashko, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    I am saying he has good defensive play not good at the defeding his title..
    what a mockery for saying all malaysian do that

#61 Simp84, Dec 17, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  2. blessing

blessing Regular Member

walao... faint.. aku sudah pengsan

3. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    ya but he but in that retrieval of smash he moved too much, got there too early, wasted him like 1 second too

4. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    lol guess its a few misjudgement... should be ok la..:)

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Ignore that guy's crap talk la, his country's own best players cant even capable of taking their own title, now thats call pathetic... :rolleyes:

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Be inspired

Where do you learn to be naughty like this? From our little newspaper , Straits Times? If you follow ST , you will note that ST usually print bad news about LCW,esp his losses and not his victories. It's what I call the sense of envy and usually reflects deep inferiority complex. Be happy for our neighbour. Be inspired instead of being envious. If LCW can be WN1 against all odds (eg. his small physique) why can't our boys? We don't know but one fine day we might have one to win a big title ? In 5 or 10 years time?
    A top player is most valuable when he helps to raise the level of the sport, not because he wins more titles. In 2006, LCW is the most valuable player to badminton because he has helped raise LD's standard, in fact the CHN MS overall so we 're seeing some incredible badminton.

7. happysoul_4556

happysoul_4556 Regular Member

student
    You are soo right and saugusli, i'm not agree with you!!

8. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :rolleyes: emm....there's nothing wrong with him...he has great skills....;) just not the time yet!!let's see what will happen in WC 07!!:)

9. blessing

blessing Regular Member

in my opinion..i think he is over trained or pressure had ruined everything~!

10. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Lets see how Ronald Susilo or Kendrick Lee defend their title in the coming Singapore open, ops, I forgot, they need to win the title first before they can even defend :D
    Why so critical of LCW, sure he has lost more than won over Lin Dan but how many players can even beat Lin Dan anyway? Even the great Taufik only won 1 out of 3 encounters during Asian Games and was considered as great success. Lin Dan is one of the great player, like it or not! LCW is an excellent player but not a great player yet.

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agree with Han regarding LCW is an excellent player, playing very entertaining badminton, displaying excellent technique. LD is a great player, very consistent, super-fit, speed and trademark jump-smash (I would miss it age caught up with LD and he could no longer do it). After all LD has been ranked #1 for so many years and won the major portion of Open tourneys. It takes a huge effort to beat LD. TH is also a great player, calm and with excellent Back-hand smash and net-play, having won the more high profile tourneys. LD has beaten LCW in more finals than losing it, interesting if TH plays LCW in as many finals as LCW, wonder what the outcome would be?

12. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

analysis from lcw follow the tournament that china, korea and indonesia join also.. LCW can't win at overseas... (For Malaysia Single Player almost like that)..

LCW won only at home... Different the Indonesia, China, Korea, Denmark Players... They can win to Overseas....

So, This is only warning from Malaysia players to improve the mentality....So LCW will win again the Malaysia Super Series.....difficult from TH, LD, BCL, CJ, etc to beat LCW at home...

13. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Dont be stupid, he won Denmark Open, Swiss Open, Chinese Taipei open before, please do some proper research before simply saying nonsense, you ought to be ashame of yoruself
    Please dont degrade Malaysian players, in fact Hafiz Hashim had won AE2003 in England didn't he? Please dont generalise every Malaysian as winner at home soil, thats extremely unfair and disrespectful

14. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Han... Totally agree with you....

All Singapore Players not good.. Ivent import player also can get the great player... So forget it singapore....

So..I stay in singapore but I am not singaporean..hhhaa...

Now....Score TH and Lin Dan: 4-5....(1 times TH walk out at hongkong open) and Latest one, TH Beat LCW 2 times...(not at home)...so LCW always lost to TH, LD, etc at overseas (not at home)... At home LCW can beat TH, LD, etc.... so my conculation: LCW will be win again the malaysia super series..

Agree with you... Only LD and TH Great Players....
    Specially to TH... If he got motivation anybody said: TH will champion...

LD Great Player because he is consistent players....

LCW great player..... I say No... He can the ranking no 2 because join alot of tournaments... Can see at IBF Website, LCW Record not consistent Players..Only won Malaysia Open...

TH Great Player because he won alot of tournaments and important tournaments (Asian Games 2002, Olimpic 2004, World Championship 2005, Asian Games 2006)...and TH targets right now: depend the Olimpic title and All England...

No Players right now Can win same as taufik hidayat....If he got All England...so No Players can same like taufik record....

For Example: Zo Jianhua: Got All England, Asian Games (2 times), world Championship but don't have Olimpic titles..

So If taufik can get All England Title... TH is the greatest Players....the legend players....

So sorry from Malaysia peoples... I know you are from Malaysia.. Always not convenience if anybody critical to your players..but you try to analysis the your personal players...so you can understand...

15. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Denmark Open, swiss open, chinese taipei ... At time no much china, Denmark and Indonesia Players join.....no the great players join..... so LCW at the tournament beat who... Tell me....

I know you are from Malaysia... So I am understand..

16. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

So Again... I want to see the malaysian Players can beat the Indonesia player in Indonesia, beat china player in china, beat denmark player in denmark...., beat korean player in korea.

Because All players did that.. not malaysia players yet...
    So I can said: Malaysia players can win not only at home...hhhaaa.

17. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Now you are saying he didn't beat good players in the events, you are just contradicting yourself, first you argued malaysians are no good at winning oversea, now u are arguing they won because of poor attendence? Please give it a break, I am not trying to be patriotic or whatever here, but I cannot stand it when someone discriminate or disrespect players who worked so hard to acheive such oustanding results. Yet not acknowledging and talk trash about it is really unacceptable

18. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Hafiz, TBH/KKK is living prove that they did that, one is AE2003 the other in Doha2006, put a sock in it

19. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Wow,

I totally agree with Saugusli. You are absolutely right. :p

Of course there is so much reason us Malaysians, and other members of BC to listen to you. You have so much to back yourself up. I mean, you are the World Super Badminton Coach & Analyst from Singapore!!!

People, If you don't know Saugusli, please let me introduce you all to him.

Saugusli, the World Famous Sports Writer Extrodinaire for the World Wide circulating newspaper : B.S. Times
    Dear Saugusli indepth analysis of Badminton sport is augumented by his long list of Academic Accomplishments among the more notable :-
    1) Phd in Artistic Pottery,
    2) Bachelor in Attention Writting, with honours
    3) A Singapore cab drivers licence
    4) Actually passing his O Levels English requirements

Cheers

TBBMBB(N)

20. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    With the current PBSI model (only sending players, if they think they can enter semi-final) & many young players choose to play abroad, it would be very difficult for Indo team to dominate badminton like in 90s. We can see clearly that Indonesia badminton performance has been going down hill for the past 5-6 years. PBSI is also very desperate to get Tony & Chandra to play for Olympic, because they know quite well that their chance of gold is pretty slim.

On the other hand, Malaysia has the $ resources & young players. KKK is definitely a good player. Dont be surprise, if you see KKK slaughter luluk/alven + kido/setiawan in Indo Open 07.

#80 jurong_twister, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006