What is the best Carbonex racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ricky, Nov 23, 2000.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've heard a lot of you said that Yonex's Carbonex racquet is very good. Among the various models, which one do you think is the best ? How does it compare with those latest model from Yonex (such as MP-100) ?

p.s. There are many different models of Carbonex racquets still available in HK, e.g. Cabornex 20 SP, 21 SP, 20 Special Edition, 20 Long, 20 Ti-SP, Cabornex 23 (should be available, not so sure for this relatively new model), etc. I've heard people said that Carbonex 20 SP is the classic one (perhaps this explains why there are so many variations for Cab 20).

2. Alvin

Alvin Guest

i think 20tour sp is the best.i've strung it with bg-65ti and it's much better in smashes than my ti-10 stung with the same string and tension.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Too be very honest with you....... I feel that there has been no real change in performance from any racket made by Yonex since the Carbonex series and recently the Titanium series. However, the Carbonex racket series have been re released in Singapore with Titanium Mesh..... Might be worth trying......

4. MobyDick

MobyDick Regular Member

I thought Carbonex 21 Special is great , with BG-66 string at 23 pounds , until i bought recently a new Carbonex 21 SP Red , with 23 pounds BG-66 strings , it's better than my first 21 SP .

Carbonex 21 SP Red is awesome , from the control , to smashing , to manouvre it , it's so much easier to handle .

It head has more power, and althought lighter than 21 Special , it has a slimmer frame , which make it much powerful in your court play .

I bought on impulse , but looked like it certainly worth every single cents i paid for .

SGD$110 plus $14 re-string .

5. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Is Boron 2 included??

If the racket must be still selling in the market, I will rate the Cab 20.

6. LUKKK

LUKKK Regular Member

Student
    Don't count the CAB30MS out. It's a powerhouse.

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Ricky,
    IMHO, Cab30ms is the most tech adv Cab out there. It offer everything MP100 has and it is Oval!!! Loger shaft and Ti in the shaft makes it the most powerful Cab of all. Cab20ms and Cab23 are good all around with additional power vs other Cab. I fell Cab30ms is good for single and any Cab20 series and Cab23 are good for double. One last thing, Cab more likely to servive when clide with any ISO.

8. BombaTwIsT

BombaTwIsT Regular Member

I have to agree with the CAB30MS. i got it recently a week ago and i absolutely love it. i give it a 10/10 rating, 95% of my shots were really nice, especially my tightly angled ones, and i'm only an beginner/intermediate player ^.^.