What is still lacking in LCW?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

3. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

Ya I thought so :) but maybe some never watch it before people like me :D

4. george@chongwei

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

in 4 years time people will remember that the 2008 Olympics MS champion is LD. will people also remember the 2009 SO winner is LCW? That will be really sad if people can as the only reason probably will be 'that' was the 'only' one!

6. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

7. george@chongwei

you are the most welcome:)

8. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Reply !!!

Let me explain a few things LCW need to work on.He is a good player.The difference is

1)he needs to build up his mental strength and not be afraid to go to war with
    Lin Dan(that means putting your life on the line and fighting Lin Dan like a
    man)
    2) Misbun told me this when I went to Juara Stadium recently because I did
    an interview with him,he said Lin Dan constantly changes his tactics and
    strategies in a game that's why no coaching in the match will work because
    he changes his style all the time.Misbun has been working with LCW on this.
    3) LCW has the skills,technique and footwork but he needs good sparring
    partner so that he can apply various strategies in a tournament according
    to how the opponent plays.

Basically high level badminton is all about tactics,strategies when the skill level,technique and footwork are of equal standard between 2 players.

At the moment,LCW runs out of ideas when facing LD,he needs to adopt at least 10 different strategies and tactics and vary them when the situation arises because LD changes his style during a game all the time so no amount of analyzing will work.:eek:

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that's why i've referenced bruce lee here many times before. He learned all the fighting styles so he would have options in real fighting. All techinques and tactics have inherent strength and weakness. If u learned all of them, one can use and avoid certain technique and tactic for any given situation and opponents, assuming your opponent is more rigid in style than u.

on point #3, it seem it's malayisa who is failing lcw as he has no useable sparring partners to train with but yet ask lcw to be the best.

10. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Reply !!!

Yes,on #3,for example,LD spars with Chen Jin,Du Pengyu,Chen Long,Bao Chunlai.....not to mention Xiaxuanze and many other retired players like Jixinpeng,Chen Long,etc...lists goes on........all this players possess different strengths and weaknesses,therefore Lin Dan has basically mastered the art of tactic and strategy variation during a game in any given situation,for example, you are a robber and you try to escape from police, if you have 100 escape routes,no police will be able to catch you,if they do it will take a lifetime.Therefore LD always bails out of jail(good example AE2010 1st set).If LCW masters this art,LD's invincibility will be kaput as they say.From now until 2012 Olympics,this period will give us a clear picture whether LCW has matured in this area of his game.So far judging from KO and especially MAS Open,he has managed to bail himself out using a certain degree of tactical variation.AE 2010 will see how close he can give LD a fight.Hopefully he can at least push to 3 sets.:eek:......
    FYI,that's why he is requesting the BAM to allow him to participate in the china badminton league so that he will get quality sparring partners as Chen Jin,Lin Dan and others will be there as well.He might have trained himself with the various tactics and strategies but no chance for him to apply it pratically because of low quality sparring.:eek: