What do you wear to play badminton?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by davidsalata, Jun 20, 2019.

1. davidsalata

davidsalata New Member

It generally depends on the type of match I am playing. If I know I would be able to defeat my opponent easily by scoreline of 21-4 , 21-3 or like that or if am playing for recreation then I wear simply jeans and T-shirt . If I play a tough match, then I wear half pants . I recall when I was small, I played a tournament in which I was claded in blue jeans and white shirt and then also , I won that

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

A dry cool shirt and shorts. During tournaments sometimes also compression shorts.

I couldn't play a serious match in jeans, there's no freedom of movement. It's way too restrictive to play sports, imo. Even casual games are not fun in everyday clothes.

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The OP is no doubt referring to casual play.
    In which case, anything goes when it comes to attire.:)

But jeans must not be very comfortable in the Texas heat?

At recreational level, the only badminton-specific thing I wear is good court shoes.
    But you see everything, in Canada. More than once I’ve seen international students wearing winter boots! Guess their suitcase was not big enough for court shoes.;)

#3 Fidget, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    kwun likes this.
  4. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    When I started I also played in khaki's and just a normal cotton shirt. I live in the south of china and it is hooooooottttt and humid here. But at that time I had never played a sport before and didn't know about sports clothes! Now, not only do I only wear sports clothes to play badminton in, but I wear sports clothes most of the time (because of the aforementioned heat and humidity. Sports shirts just dry quicker and prevent me from having embarrassing sweat stains while I'm at work.)

But I see a lot of people just come off the streets, borrow a racket from the court and play for an hour with their friends, just for fun. The men always whip off their shirts, toss their shoes and socks to the side, roll up their pants, and play like that. It looks incredibly uncomfortable to me, but a lot of people do it, so I guess it works for them!

kwun likes this.
  5. onomnomyaki

onomnomyaki New Member

Courts shoes with jogging shorts, with soccer jerseys or my Yonex/Victor dryfits for top.

..but sometimes I feel I’m not worthy of my Yonex and Victor wears when I’m just throwing away my games

Fidget likes this.