What do you think is the best racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by paul, Nov 17, 2001.

1. paul

paul Regular Member

manager of sporting goods company
    I need a new racquet and price is no barrier.
    What is the best racquet money can buy?

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    It depends on individual preference, but here are something I know :

- the most expensive racquet for normal retail sales (Yonex CN/CP racquets are not intended for retail sales) should be Gosen ROOTS 6000
    - the most expensive racquet available in the market should be Yonex Boron-2

:)

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hye dont be Too technical too a novice mate!

The best u can racket that u could buy would be the Cab 20 Sp (red).

It is very difficult to get but then I believe that it is the Best ever.

4. Josh

Josh Guest

I'd say, go for the Muscle Power 100, Muscle Power 77, TI-10 or Isometric 800.

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Actually, the point I wanted to make is - there is no such thing "the best racquet money can buy", i.e. different people have different choices.

For myself, I would pick Yonex Ti-10 ...

p.s. While it is difficult, Cab 20 can still be found these days at "reasonable" price. Some rumor said that (I think we have discussed this before) Yonex no longer manufacture Cab 20 - this will be confirmed when Yonex 2002 catalog release. If it is really the case, I'll get at least a few more units for collection. :)

6. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    The Carbonex 20s are indeed no longer in production!

There are way too many rackets in the market to say what is the best that money can buy. It depends a lot on the kind of player you are and the skill level you're at. Some rackets, especially the High-end Yonex ones aren't meant for everyone. You need a certain level of technical competency to wield them properly and hence utilise their potential.

Examples would be the Ti-10 and the MP-100 and maybe the MP-77.

I've predominantly used Yonex over the years and they have produced some very, very good rackets along the way.

Carb 20, Carb 21, Boron 2. The more recent ones like the Ti-10, MP-100 and Mp-77 are slowly but surely establishing themselves as benchmarks too.

Just my take. The Carlton AB-900 and AS-Ti seem to garner pretty good references too.

7. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    TI Swing Pwoer SX

8. Tuan

Tuan Guest

Isometric Ti Swing Power SX!! Not only is it a wonderful racquet (for me) but it puts all other racquets to shame when it comes to color and design!

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Have you seen the new color scheme of Ti SP SX ? Do you think it is better than the old scheme ?

10. joseph

joseph Guest

ti10 is the best!!! if i can only have 1 racquet, i'd pick ti10. i have also have a ti sp sr, but only use it when i play doubles against advanced players, when quicker reaction is needed.

new colour scheme for ti sp... right now, i think the new red colour scheme is nicer... but that could be because i've gotten used to the old colour scheme, and have gotten somewhat bored of it... if i see both colour scheme, at the same time, for the first time, i might think the old bluish colour scheme is better looking. but right now, because the red is new and not very common, i like the new colour better.

11. Tuan

Tuan Guest

Re: Iso Ti SP Color Scheme

The blue colored racquets are much nicer then the red colored racquets. I dont really like the red colored ones, they just don't look as sharp as the blue. And also, the blue racquet matches quite nicely with the royal blue BG-70Pro strings. Has a nice elegant look to it. But thats just me.

12. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
  13. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I want a motor vehicle - which is best?

Same question as yours, Paul. No way to answer the question unless you provide more details about how you play and what you want.

14. Ace

Ace Guest

Forza 800 KEVLAR!

15. Josh

Josh Guest

Black Knight Rapier Pro!!!