What are the rules about changing positions in bad

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Gordon Huntley, Feb 21, 2000.

1. <html>I am doing a project in school about badminton and I was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to e-mail me and tell me the following:<p>-after a serve, do players stay in their serving area or are they free to move where ever?<br>-if it's doubles, after a team loses control of the shuttle and it lands in the court, do the players of the serving team switch sides along with the other team or does the other team stay in the same position?<p>Thanks a lot. <p>P.S. - If anything is wrong in my questions please correct me. I know little about the offical rules for badminton and only play the game for fun.
    </html>

2. Kady

Kady Guest

Re: What are the rules about changing positions in

<html>: I am doing a project in school about badminton and I was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to e-mail me and tell me the following:<p>: -after a serve, do players stay in their serving area or are they free to move where ever?<br>: -if it's doubles, after a team loses control of the shuttle and it lands in the court, do the players of the serving team switch sides along with the other team or does the other team stay in the same position?<p>: Thanks a lot. <p>: P.S. - If anything is wrong in my questions please correct me. I know little about the offical rules for badminton and only play the game for fun.<p><br>For the first question, after a serve, a person can go anywhere(same for doubles).<p>As for your other one, only the serving team switches places and that's only when they've just scored. The member on the team who just scored serves again in the spot that their partner was formerly in to the other person diagonally. <p>I hope this helps you. My arm is very sore from doing an hour of smashes with my partner. Just thought you might want to know that.
    </html>