Well Well Well ! Lcw - U Are A Champ !

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by X Ball, Jun 18, 2006.

1. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Agree with your wisdom.Malaysian players are good but have not reached the standard where they may instil fear to their opponents.CW has that capability.I believe he still has to put in some more weight thereby increasing his power and strength.He is such a skilful player that LD feels frustrating playing against him.More strength and superb fitness will arrest the consistency problem.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    LCW, imho, is different than other MAS players. out of all the MAS players that i have seen, he has the most potential. he has the most rounded skills, he has the speed, he is a hard worker, and his techniques are clean and efficient. i have noticed LCW since i saw him play live in SO 2004 and he has improved leaps and bounds since then. i think it is only time when he gain more experience and maturity, he will also "instill fear" to other players too, if he doesn't already.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Taufik busy AT the World Cup :D :D

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Lin Dan sometimes has a tendency to give up on a play when he thinks he's won the point. I believe at 20-16 (or thereabouts) in the 3rd set, there was a net exchange when LD's shot hit the tape an tumbled over. He must have thought he had won the point because he relaxed noticably. Amazingly LCW managed to dink the shuttle back over. When LD realized this, you could see him reacting hastily, lunge forward in an attempt to lift. He did manage to get the bird up to 1/2 court which LCW put away with ease. At this point I think LD's confidence, or what little was left, was completely drained, leading to his eventual demise. LD has to get it into his head that the world of badminton is catching up quickly to him and among the top 4 or 5, he can be beaten any day. I wonder if he will learn from this debacle and be better for it or has his confidence shattered and lose his aura of invincibility.

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Chong Wei has improved

As usual, when facing LCW, LD did much guessing of CW's next shot, much more than when he is facing Taufik, CH or Gade (on the other hand, I think LCW's shots are really more predictable than Taufik's and Gade's, and although less predictable than CH's, the quality is usually not as good and consistent as CH's).

This time, I am happy to see LCW really surprised LD a lot. Being too focused on the net area, LD even totally misread several attacking clears. Seems to me this is one of the best games LCW ever played, I don't understand why some ppl said he is not playing well. The major problem with LCW is he being too timid when facing LD, a strong and arrogant opponent. This time I think he has shown more confidence.

As to LD, he seems to always treat LCW as inferior (The whole Team China is down-rating LCW, I don't understand why). He tried to prove his superiority by doing much guessing and then getting easy points. An "I can play with you for a while and finish you whenever I want" attitude. The AE come-back may have reinforced this attitude and made LD really believes in his superiority. That is why he is so frustrated this time. He cannot understand why such things can happen.

The major problem with LD is that he wants to prove himself too impatiently. He cannot wait till big events, he wants to show he is far better than anyone else whenever possible. So he really is much less mature than TH.

6. faith

faith Regular Member

im a devoted msian supporter. But personally, i strongly feel that indonesians are the best skilled players in badminton. I dun think they really care about the rankings. Even they rank lower, they can still beat any top players. Some higher rank players are just because they play more tournaments to gain points only. I guess what really count is the true skills. Again, im not against anyone. It;s just my views. A good player is not only just about the rankings but the ability to maintain his or her standards and keep on improving to higher level. I mean dun you guys find that Indonesians players are more exciting to watch as they tend to have different unique techniques to play while the others including China, just the usual (of course good skills) smashing, defending etc........? But still, it;s been good that LCW beat the arrogant LD.1

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think your argument is slightly warped --- firstly, it does not matter what is on the mind of LD. The right protocol must be adhered by everyone, else badminton falls into the category of roughnecks who are unsportsmanlike and do not give a hoot about respecting Malaysia's culture (like taking off the medal and not wanting to put on the warrior's hat) - imagine how uneasy it makes everyone feel from officials to top echelon people who have taken time to be there to reward them.

LD deserves the bashing and I do not think it is necessary for Kwun to edit this and close the threads. Eventually things will die off if people are allowed to vent their views (he can edit if they use rude words but otherwise it is a forum to let people put forward their views).

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry to hear this, but it really depends on what you write and how you write it. :D

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just my 2 cents..and hope this comes to an end soon..

Hmm, X Ball, i don't want to linger this topic any longer and i understand your stance on this, esp. noticing that you are still quite live it on the controversies. But even, like you said, it's ok for people to "vent their views etc. as things will eventually die off", what can doing that do to change the situation?? Can mine, yours or other people's "venting" change what had happened??..It happened, unfortunately, and nothing can be taken back; so let's just move on...:p
    Now, regarding Kwun and the mods (ie. Mag) locking up and editing the threads/posts, i think it makes sense because in those threads that are being locked, the posts are just getting way out of hand. Thing is, IMO, it's fine for people to post their views, but they have to be constructive and "civil". But once the posts are just getting "out of hand" and "out of topic", the mods/Kwun decide to lock em up..:p
    Like Mag mentioned on another thread, somewhat giving a warning, we all can post, but post them constructively and in a civil way...cool??..:rolleyes: ;)
    Why don't we all change and shift our focus now to the upcoming/current tourney, the Chinese Taipei Open, and enjoy the games and upcoming winners, shall we??..;) :cool:

#69 ctjcad, Jun 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  10. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

well..im such a chicken..when he went down 13-20... i switched to another channel... cant bear to see him to lose the hatric for the MO.. haha.. then after some time i get back to the channel.. he won.. i was truly SHOCKED..hehe..well..they say anything can happen in football... i think same things apply to badminton too!!

11. johnps

johnps Regular Member

Enough Already Lah, Let's Move On

Originally Posted by X Ball
    A forum like this should be mature for eevryone to pose their views not restricted. Kwun, wake up.

Originally Posted by johnps
    Firstly, let me declare that I am neither a LD nor LCW fan. I have to agree with the moderators that enough had been said about this episode. We have to put an end to this discussion before it gets terribly out of hand.

We are not in a position to fully understand LD's thoughts and feelings after losing such a crucial match which seems to be safely in his bag at one stage. He may feel angry, outraged, terribly disappointed and even embarrassed.

I would like to say, "Let's move on ... enough of LD bashing."

If we only take joy and worse still instigate others to continually thump someone who is presently down and out, then our own maturity is put into question.

If we keep bashing Lin Dan, with no end in sight, then we are no better than the roughnecks which you mentioned above.

When we have posts that were edited or deleted by the moderators, we should take it in the right spirit. Instead of venting our displeasure, let us step back and consider whether our post and the language used had been too harsh.

If you were to talk about correct protocol, I find that your remark to Kwun is really uncalled for. Asking Kwun to “wake up” is definitely out of protocol. Surely, you do not use such language to someone you respect. The tremendous effort he puts in to start and maintain this website and forum deserves our utmost respect.

Personally, I find the moderators are doing a fantastic job. We really do not want this forum to degenerate into a “free for all” battlefield as was found in the discussion board of the previous www.worldbadminton.net website. In that discussion board, players, countries and badminton associations were being attacked constantly with words and languages beyond our imagination. There was so much hatred being spread in that forum.

If we were to follow your suggestion and let “time” be the moderator instead of Kwun and his hardworking group, then this will definitely be the end result.

12. BaddestHawaii

BaddestHawaii Regular Member

Hey X Ball,
    I am on your side, we all can raise our opinion as long as it is in a civil manner. This forum will be meaningless if admin can pick and choose what he likes and he doesn’t to be on the forum. Though, I do respect his effort in maintaining this site.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    firstly, thanks and hats off to johnps & ctjcad who understand the action of the moderators. it is always nice to have members who understands and respect the work of the moderators.

secondly, i want to point out that the moderators have ultimate decision on what stays and what do not stay in the forum. we do not blindly delete posts, yet at the same time, we do not guarantee everything that get posted will stay. it is for you to trust that we are doing a job that will result in respectful, civilized and orderly online community.

if you ask old timers, they can probably tell you that our moderation policy has remained consistent throughout the years. and the fact that we remain for so many years a very successful forum with some of the highest quality discussions, while many other forums have fallen into disarray, tells you that perhaps we are doing the right thing.

14. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I would just like to clarify that I have NOT warned anybody about discussing any certain topic (except the ones that are mentioned in the forum guidelines such as politics, religion, etc). That is an absurd accusation. It would be counter-productive for the forum as a whole. If anybody was warned, it was probably for writing personal insults or attacks.

What I have done, however, is to warn posters from starting AND continuing flame wars. Such posts wiull be deleted and the authors will possibly be banned from the forum. And follow-ups to such posts will can sometimes also be deleted, no matter how well-written and civil, becuase such replys can never be constructive, and keeping the replies but not the original post would disrupt the chain of discussion completely.

I don't know how many times I will have to repeat this, but here I go again:
    It's not WHAT you discuss we react upon -- it's HOW you do it.

If you'd all ignore the obvious morons that occasionally come here, and hit "report" instead of "reply" when you spot them, we'd all be better off.

Regards,

Mag

15. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ok.. i got it :D

16. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I did it as you said... :D

17. valen

valen Regular Member

Disagree!

when we play in the host country, of course the crowd will be loudly supporting the local player...whther it is in KL, or Jakarta or Beijing....Malaysian supporters are the same. I have watched many matches where the Malaysian players played away from home and the psychology of the home supprters can affect the players. However, most professional players have been trained to deal with the pressure of the "home crowd". I donot think LD was pissed or bothered with the home crowd. If anything, he must be pissed with himself. LCW has been in LD's shoes many many times in away matches and he didnot kick his racket like that or shown disrespect to the prize givers! It was clearly "disrespect" even though we know he was sad about not winning. When you are in the public, you must behave professionally. But if you are in the locker room, nobody knows and you can kick and swear all you want! But I am sure he will be better behaved in future. So, cheers! Be happy!

#77 valen, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  18. victory

victory Regular Member

Congratulations to LCW beating LD 2nd time!

I am confident that LCW will keep winning LD. LD clearly frustrated by LCW net play, smash and speed! I think LCW will cast the fear in LD with one more win. I am want to see that happen! Bravo! LCW. U make us proud! Keep winning . I support u wholeheartedly!

Lin Dan is a good player no doubt but he needs to change his attitude!

I use to think he is just sometime too proud of himself but after seeing his behaviour I was totally shocked and disappointed! He has serious character and attitude problem. I have not heard of any pro player being so rude and disrespectful.

Every player will has his fair share of winning and losing. Losing a match badly is not an excuse to throw tantrum and behave so rude to his opponent and thousands of people.( some of them are his supporters!).

He is too arrogant and he need a lesson!( lessons??). Glad that LCW did teached him a good lesson. And if he still will not change, I hope LCW and others will keep teaching him lessons!!

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I have put in my view point (and I can see not everyone shares the same). So be it.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Well DONE Malaysia!!! Wah, Malaysia LAGI Boleh!!!
    Congratulations. Let's do one better next year!