Well done Susan Hughes of Scotland

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2006 Badminton' started by slocke8, Mar 22, 2006.

1. slocke8

slocke8 New Member

Well done for getting through the 3rd round today against the new zealand girl, despite the umpires best efforts to stop you getting through.

Cant believe how poor the umpire was in this match. Disgusting over-rule, didnt tell the new zealand girl off for throwing her racket, then gives Susan a yellow card - hope she watches the replay and realises how poor she was.

Have to say the umipring in general has been poor from what I have seen so far.

I perosnally get umpired in my county matches so I know wha tthey are supposed to do.

2. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

On the topic of umpiring

There was a lot of umpire interference with respect to shuttle changing. When both sides wanted to change shuttles, the umpire (after inspection) still asked them to carry on with the old one.

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

haha, this is probably in line with Yonex's shortage of goose feathers. it's becoming a much more expensive sport, especially if bird flu continues to be a problem!

4. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Susan Hughes has it in her to go all the way :) . Boo to the umpire by the way, she was crap!!

5. FrenziedEye

FrenziedEye Regular Member

Hey this reminds me of the incident the other day with the doubles quarter-finals. Aus vs. New Zealand... you can find this topic in this Comm Games forum...

I think Geoff Bellingham (NZL) swore or something and he got a red card...

The umpire was good there to give Bellingham the warnings and the red card, but I think he should have also had a chat with Ashley Brehaut (AUS) because Brehaut was delaying play a lot of the time.....

Thats probably one of the reasons why Geoff got mad....not to mention the fact that he also thought Brehaut's drive serve was a bit high.

here you can find the article at this link:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/bad-blood-in-badminton/2006/03/24/1143083969419.html

#5 FrenziedEye, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  6. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    susan is well known in the past for throwing tantrums on court and questioning officials, but at least she got a bronze medal. Now all we need to do is wait for the Scottish Badminton PR machine to go into overdrive!