Wedding Bells for Tan Fook & Jiewen

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Dreamzz, Mar 31, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yup. ctf will reside in GZ together with ZJW:D

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday May 2, 2010
    Paris perfect for Tan Fook’s honeymoon and last fling at glory
    KUALA LUMPUR: Veteran men’s doubles shuttler Choong Tan Fook has two very good reasons for wanting to go to Paris in August.
    The 35-year-old Tan Fook has qualified on merit with Lee Wan Wah for his eighth World Championships, which will be held in Paris from Aug 23-29.
    And it would also be the perfect place for Tan Fook and Zhang Jiewen, who tied the knot last night, to go for their honeymoon.
    [​IMG] Blissful moment: Choong Tan Fook and Zhang Jiewen waving to the crowd at their wedding reception in Genting Highlands Saturday night. — ONG SOON HIN / The Star
    Yesterday, Tan Fook and Olympic champion Jiewen of China treated about 1,000 guests to a romantic wedding dinner at Genting Highlands.
    “I wanted it to be a very special occasion and I am happy that many were able to attend our wedding. I am also thrilled that our Thomas-Uber team members managed to take time off to join in this ceremony,” said a delighted Tan Fook.
    Tan Fook, whose love affair with the Olympic champion blossomed in 2004, said that the world meet in Paris would mark an end to his decade-long badminton career.
    “I have finally decided that the world meet in Paris will be my final shot at winning glory for the country. Then, I will move on,” said Tan Fook, who had reached the semi-finals twice in 2001 in Seville and 2007 in Kuala Lumpur.
    “Of course, I will want to do well with Wan Wah. I want it to be the most memorable one.”
    Tan Fook will then go into coaching – either in Malaysia or elsewhere.
    For the record, the world No. 12 Tan Fook-Wan Wah did well to qualify for the world meet on merit despite having left the national team set-up for almost two years.
    The others who made the cut are Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and independent players Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2010/5/2/sports/6175177.asp&sec=sports

Their wedding dinner in Genting on May 1, 2010. ZJW really looks very pretty here. Congratz to the couple :D

3. george@chongwei

congrats:D.. some pics:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    When and where was these photos taken?

5. george@chongwei

Not sure. Took that from chinese website.