WCH's match must be fixed!

Discussion in 'All England 2004' started by ALI, Mar 10, 2004.

1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    But you can really see from the results that WCH seemed to go down so easily to a player who had just came back from a long injury. WCH is not the kind of player to fall so tamely to a player who is currently on a bad patch. Even against the likes of Lee Hyun-Il or Xia or Lin Dan, he'll chalk up a more respectable score or even beat them, but Hafiz?

WCH's consistency is perhaps the best of all the Malaysian players, rivalled only perhaps currently by Choong / Lee who are on a roll of their own.

No offense to Hafiz fans, but there's something fishy there somewhere. Whether it's matchfixing or not, I don't think we will ever know.

#21 wilfredlgf, Mar 11, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

-

The whole national team except Nusa boys are

sponsored by Gosen since the 90s.

Attached Files:

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi Sunzhi

Glad to note that Ronald beat Aamir Ghaffar, Bao Chunlai's conqueror, quite convincely in Round 3. But he is now up against a very persistent, consistent and higher ranked Dane, Anders Boesen, in the QF. Hope Ron will not lower his guard and play around a very dangerous Boesen, who is normally physically superior. Ron must use his speed and power to take an early lead and the first game and go all out to snatch the second as well. Otherwise, I think he will be no match for Boesen if the match went into a rubber.

4. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

I have a feeling Boesen will take out Ronald, Boesen has been playing well lately, whereas Ronald had an easy ride into quarters.

5. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

ronald changed to armortec , did u notice?

Ronald changed to armortec , did u notice?

Boesen is physical, Ronald needs to use good placement and deception to beat him

6. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    how stupid is it when hafiz had lost to boesen in the 3rd round!!IF what we think is true,it is better let wch and hafiz fight each other & don't "mix" the match!!now when we can see is hafiz lost and wch is out!!!
    but what i talk here is don't mean that boesen is no good,AT LEAST it should be 3set games when hafiz play with he,it SHOULD NOT BE STRAIGHT GAMES AND LOST EASILY WITH 15-9, 15-8!!!!

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am not convinced either way. it is simply inconclusive and not matter how many theories we throw out. there is just no way to prove one way or the other!

but imagine if it is a match fix. it just turned out completely against the conspirer's will, didn't it? sure, Hafiz went to the next round but was prompt kicked out by Boesen. if WCH has gone on, he probably will beat Boesen and get more points for himself.

ah well.

8. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

Yup.. great peformance thr... against boesen, ron ds stand a chance n i think it really depends on hw he performs in the 1st game... wonder whthr his source of inspiration is thr with him :)

9. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

we will nvr knw what exactly happend.. thr will always be 2 camps, who believe hafiz has won genuinely and who dont.

if it was really a fixed match, imagine the immense pressure hafiz had whn playing boesen. i m sure all parties involved; misbun, hafiz and wong ch hd perfect confidence and believed hafiz cd score (hafiz said during the interview tht he believed he hs regained his touch to challenge strongly for the title), hence he HAD to advance to prove his worth...

even if it wasnt a fixed match, his pressure is as immense... after beating the best player of his country who has been really good the last one year or so, and he himself, ws out of competition for 5 months, eliminated in the 1st round of his 1st tourney ths year and dragged to setting by an unknwn guatemalan in his 1st AE match, thr bound to be words of him getting a 'WO' frm wong ch and he HAD to win to set the record straight..

in any way, its ovr for both hafiz n wong ch, so....
    peace.....